1965 shorty stingray ,ramshorn-stingray-cruiser?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Feb 24th 1965 rams horn stingray cruiser! its in as found conditon was in a basement of a house for over 40 years, full fenders, schwinn ramshorn bars ans white s7's with mattatuer hub. it has the wrong sissy and nanner but in near mint condition, factory built rat???!!
2012-03-10_17-12-10_707.jpg

2012-03-10_17-12-17_621.jpg

2012-03-10_17-12-24_840.jpg

2012-03-10_17-12-34_272.jpg

2012-03-10_17-18-06_698.jpg

2012-03-10_17-20-47_684.jpg

2012-03-10_17-18-32_78.jpg

2012-03-10_20-39-48_837.jpg
[img]
[img]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z447/509clunk/2012-03-10_17-18-23_126.jpg
2012-03-10_17-18-16_857.jpg

cool little bike!
What you have there is the smaller rider Junior stingray with what appear to be schwinn hollywood fenders and rims and a set ram horn handlbars added.
Ive never seen that type of rear hub on a stingray.
It may be a wee bit mixed up but it still super cool to find an early stingray frame in nice shape like that!!! Id bet some kid put it together how he wanted it to look with some classy white wheels and full fenders 40 years ago.
awsome find!

The kid probably went to one of those bike safety things put on by the fire dept. on Sat. morning. The first thing they do is glob that reflective tape all over your bike. I went to one of those when I was a kid with my brand new JC Higgins Flightliner. I knew my dad would kill me if I let them put tape on my bike so I left without doing the course. And I don't wear a helmet to this day! :wink: Gary

Ah so that's what happened. I don't wear a helmet either, bicycle, moped or full blown Harley. I do wear a skid lid if I am going out of state on a motorcycle though.

Ive been hit once, I wear a helmet! The purple bike outskirt
Posted there is the identicle bike in that basement where I found the 65 in very very good shape they are not ready to sell it yet, I left my number hoping for a call on that one!

Nice 65 junior stingray. 65 was the first year for the Junior and everything on that bike is correct except for the seat, sissy, and handle bars. Sell the ramshorns and you should have enough money to buy the correct seat and bars. The correct seat looks like a Mini Twinn front seat only flatter. Great find. Matt

MBblue6 said:
Nice 65 junior stingray. 65 was the first year for the Junior and everything on that bike is correct except for the seat, sissy, and handle bars. Sell the ramshorns and you should have enough money to buy the correct seat and bars. The correct seat looks like a Mini Twinn front seat only flatter. Great find. Matt

I stand corrected about the fenders and likely the wheels.did some re-research to check myself after reading this.
oops lol
1965dlr_Stingray_Jr.jpg

That lil beauty cleaned up nicely!!!

wow xcruiser thanks for the info!! the reflective tape is gone!!! a little heat and it came right off
2012-03-11_14-15-55_355.jpg
[/img
[img]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z447/509clunk/2012-03-11_14-51-17_381.jpg

Sorry for misleading you in the earlier post.Ive owned a zillion rays but lack experience with 64-65's so I messed up.This is how we learn so Im thrilled to know a little more than I did yesterday about our beloved Stingrays.

Xcruiser said:
Sorry for misleading you in the earlier post.Ive owned a zillion rays but lack experience with 64-65's so I messed up.This is how we learn so Im thrilled to know a little more than I did yesterday about our beloved Stingrays.

Yep I learn something new every day I am on here. Before I found this site I would buy a bike and sell it not knowing anything about it and think I made good if I made a few bucks more than I paid. (Example I had a Schwinn with a JC Higgins Beehive springer I sold for $25 :oops: ) Now I know how collectable some can be and am getting fair money for them. The swings are exciting. It kinda makes me sick when I think of all the bikes I practically gave away but you live and learn. Now thanks to this site I'm not giving stuff away and know enough to snap up deals and make a killing when I can.

cool find. so heat will take that tape off? the tape on my forks is very brittle, but i'd like to remove it.

ezernut9mm said:
cool find. so heat will take that tape off? the tape on my forks is very brittle, but i'd like to remove it.
yup just use a heat gun it will soften it up and peel off, it took me less than 10 minutes to strip both sides of the fork

509clunk said:
ezernut9mm said:
yup just use a heat gun it will soften it up and peel off, it took me less than 10 minutes to strip both sides of the fork

cool. i'm glad to hear that. i want that tape off real bad.

Latest posts

Back