1966 SCHWINN FASTBACK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Popped up on the CL this morning....I should not be buying bikes right now. :21:

Seller got it along with a very cool Bonanza chopper mini bike and a Ford 5 window coupe at an estate sale in Dallas. Apparently the people had a son that was a bit on the spoiled side and unfortunately he passed away at an early age and they hung onto all of his stuff.

Ironically enough the mini bike sold to a friend of mine before I arrived. At some point I'll get to ride that thing....it looked awesome.

So after my usual detailing job this afternoon....here's the Fastback. Probably won't hang onto it for very long.

fb003.jpg

DSC_0181-001.JPG

fb005.jpg

DSC_0184-001.JPG

DSC_0185.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

DSC_0196.JPG

DSC_0200.JPG

fb019.jpg

fb023.jpg

fb022.jpg

fb025.jpg

fb017.jpg

fb015.jpg

First year Fastback, mint condition. Name your price! Always amazed to see one more mint survivor pop out of the woodwork. They're out there still...lots of them. Gary

WOW. You find some killer blue Fastbacks! Great find, that will sell well for you, 1966 Fastbacks in that shape are a tough find.

The early 1966 Fastbacks did not have a Slik in the back, they used the street tread front tire in the front and back. Check the date codes on the tires, if they are the original tires that is even a bigger bonus, dated tires on a bike are awesome.

Congrats!

I will check out the tires...at first glance they appear to be original considering the condition of everything else.

I bet the tires have a tan inner core, early Schwinn tires were tan on the inside. Very cool find!

Owww its even a sprint! Those are my favorites. Those bikes ride so nice especially the 5 speeds. I rode a '69 just like that round the 'hood back a couple years ago growing up!

Jon

Back