1967 ramshorn stingray fastback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked this up last night the paint is a little rough but its a cool bike.
fastback002-1.jpg

Interesting, a Sprint-sprocket Ramshorn. Can you tell if the chainguard actually says "()RAMS HORN()" next to Fastback?

I love the bike but there are 3 things that make me think it's a regular Fastback which someone added the Ram's bars to it.

1) the Sprint sprocket- usually found only on '66 bikes. I had an early '67 I sold a couple years ago and it had a Pat Pending Mag on it.

2) Pedals- usually rat-traps on a Rams Horn- obviously could be changed.

3) Deep tuft seat, correct for a Fastback but Ramshorns usually got the not deep tufted seat

It's really a nice survivor in any case. Have fun with it!

--Rob

NLCTVWguy said:
Interesting, a Sprint-sprocket Ramshorn. Can you tell if the chainguard actually says "()RAMS HORN()" next to Fastback?

I love the bike but there are 3 things that make me think it's a regular Fastback which someone added the Ram's bars to it.

1) the Sprint sprocket- usually found only on '66 bikes. I had an early '67 I sold a couple years ago and it had a Pat Pending Mag on it.

2) Pedals- usually rat-traps on a Rams Horn- obviously could be changed.

3) Deep tuft seat, correct for a Fastback but Ramshorns usually got the not deep tufted seat

It's really a nice survivor in any case. Have fun with it!

--Rob

I would never questions your Schwinn knowlege, but both the '67 Ramshorns I had came with deep tufted seats on them. Man I miss those bikes. :(

Back