1967 Schwinn Stingray Fastback 5 Spd. !!UPDATE !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
1967 Schwinn Stingray Fastback 5 Spd.

Just made the deal on this one last night. The pics are the sellers, but I just had to post em. I've got some other Stingrays, but the reason I'm really happy about this one is, Ive been looking for an original black 67 for quite awhile. Reason being is, my grandfather in 1967 bought me one new, just like this one.

Some where along the line someone changed out the shifter handle with a 69, but that will be an easy fix. I can hardly wait to get her cleaned up.

Re: 1967 Schwinn Stingray Fastback 5 Spd.

Wow, nice find! :D Super clean :shock:

CONGRATS !

on not only a good find, but on regaining your childhood ride as well :D

8)

Congrats on finding the Stunt Double to your

childhood bike! Beautiful!! :shock:

Awesome find! :D

Black Schwinn's in nice shape are my favorites. And you've got a nice one! Gary

Re: 1967 Schwinn Stingray Fastback 5 Spd. UPDATE !

Got her picked up and home last weekend. Been doing the old elbow grease thing to her. Really love the way she's turning out. Now I just need to get that 69 shifter arm off, once I've found the proper 67 arm.

Would the correct shifter's arm be smooth & have the ball type knob?...if so I may have one...super nice bike BTW...Pappy 8)

Pappy said:
Would the correct shifter's arm be smooth & have the ball type knob?...if so I may have one...super nice bike BTW...Pappy 8)
That's the one he needs.

Pappy said:

Yes, want to do some dealing? :wink:

Well, thanks to a great member here on the board (CCR) My 1967 Fastback 5 Sp. is finally all 67. We did a little swapping on shifter arms. By the way CCR your shifter arm is on it's way as of this morning. Thanks so much!! :wink:

Latest posts

Back