1969 Schwinn Pea Picker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just Found this one yesterday.

1969 Schwinn Pea Picker
The old boy started to restore it, then got sick and the bike sat.
The bike does have some issues I want to correct, that should not be that much of a problem. For starters, he replaced the derailuer with an after market, I want to go back to the original. He replaced the seat, very nice Schwinn seat, but not the correct one, (I do like this seat though). He replaced the front fender with a repop. I also would like to find a chainguard that is in better shape, and is more ledgable.

Nice find! I nabbed a rusty but mostly original krate a couple years back for a great price. It had the same style Schwinn seat but in red for it was an Apple. Put the incorrect seat on ebay and also bid on an original Apple krate seat. I scored because somehow my auction price paid for the correct seat and then some. Good luck! They're a lot of fun even for a non-muscle person like I.

I agree as to the difference in the greens from Schwinn. :wink: The sad part is, I like the Stingray ribbed seats better then the seat that came on the bike with the racing strip.

oldfart36 said:
Just Found this one yesterday.

1969 Schwinn Pea Picker
The old boy started to restore it, then got sick and the bike sat.
The bike does have some issues I want to correct, that should not be that much of a problem. For starters, he replaced the derailuer with an after market, I want to go back to the original. He replaced the seat, very nice Schwinn seat, but not the correct one, (I do like this seat though). He replaced the front fender with a repop. I also would like to find a chainguard that is in better shape, and is more ledgable.

You would be better off sending the guard to Pete and have him rescreen it. A nice one will set you back a ton of money. I would also get a recovered seat instead of finding a original one.

This is part of my work area, where I do minor things. You know, the cleaning, waiting for parts, and just general stuff. In front is my 67 Fastback waiting for the proper shifter handle and in back, the Pea Picker. Funny, I don't collect muscle bikes! But I love the Schwinns!

Latest posts

Back