MBBO BAD INFLUENCE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must. Stop. Getting. Distracted. Need to concentrate on the task at hand.
IMG_1747.jpeg
IMG_1748.jpeg

Last edited:
if you pull the fork blades down a bit it’ll pick the frame up a little at the front, but it will pick the curve of the legs up and have the blades that hold the wheel more horizontal to the ground. Originals were nearly parallel. I try to achieve that but often I’m off a bit.

Anyway, it’s looking awesome!

if you pull the fork blades down a bit it’ll pick the frame up a little at the front, but it will pick the curve of the legs up and have the blades that hold the wheel more horizontal to the ground. Originals were nearly parallel. I try to achieve that but often I’m off a bit.

Anyway, it’s looking awesome!
Thanks!

Yeah, I've been adjusting the forks up and down in the triple trees and it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference in how parallel the tubes are to the ground, but it is noticeable. I need to get over to the other garage where my welding equipment is to set it up permanent. I'd like the legs down in the triples as much as possible without the angle at the front of the forks looking too off level. We'll see how it goes but I'm loving this build!

I want to do a red metal flake on this bike. I’ve been looking at options for paint. I’m going to stick with rattle cans so options are a bit limited. I watched some videos where guys painted guitars with this stuff and had great results.
image.jpg

The gold metallic made for a good base coat for the red glitter.
IMG_1780.jpeg
IMG_1781.jpeg

The glitter paint is textured and kind of flat so a clear coat is needed. First coat of clear:
IMG_1782.jpeg

Not too bad but it accumulates orange peel quickly. Here’s coat 3 wet:
IMG_1783.jpeg

And dry to touch:
IMG_1788.jpeg

The orange peel is pretty dramatic. It’s going to take a lot of wet sanding to knock this down. I might save this paint for future projects and order some better paint. I’ll see how much sanding this will need first.

I want to do a red metal flake on this bike. I’ve been looking at options for paint. I’m going to stick with rattle cans so options are a bit limited. I watched some videos where guys painted guitars with this stuff and had great results.
View attachment 281574

The gold metallic made for a good base coat for the red glitter.
View attachment 281568View attachment 281569

The glitter paint is textured and kind of flat so a clear coat is needed. First coat of clear:
View attachment 281570

Not too bad but it accumulates orange peel quickly. Here’s coat 3 wet:
View attachment 281571

And dry to touch:
View attachment 281573

The orange peel is pretty dramatic. It’s going to take a lot of wet sanding to knock this down. I might save this paint for future projects and order some better paint. I’ll see how much sanding this will need first.
On my Showboatin build I did gold metal flake

IMG_4011.jpeg

Using these two over a white base coat

IMG_4012.jpeg

And the metalcast comes in red

Latest posts

Back