1969 Spyder (Future Project)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I picked this bike up today after Buy It Now on Evil Pay over the weekend. I have some ideas cooking for it but no solid plan as of yet. It is pretty clean but not perfect. Chrome doesn't look to bad and no major rust except the sissy bar. It is definitely getting a tune up. All it need is some air in the tires and it will be ride able. The Crown speedometer needs some looking at as it is not working. I believe the drive unit is not making good contact on the rim. I'll check it out when time allows.
DSCN0452.jpg

DSCN0447.jpg

DSCN0450.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0445.jpg

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg
DSCN0434.jpg

Nice pick up, it is really clean. The speedometer is not working because it is missing the drive finger that goes in the spokes. Thanks

Nice bike. that is my all time favorite color and shade of green on bikes. I love that it is original paint. Perhaps one day I'll get lucky enough to come across one, otherwise I'll just save up for my dream bike. By summer I will have enough money to buy a murray eliminator mark Ii bike or buzz bike or jc penney swinger with the same frame as the eliminator II. Then I just have to convince someone to sell me one that is complete parts wise.

Very cool bike, congratulations on your find! Those bikes are right up my alley. I can tell it's in great shape. I noticed non bike people used to break the drive tabs off when the speedo's seize instead of just taking them off. I've bought a few bikes with that issue.

cool. I have a blue spyder and a green murray wildcat.
I had a Schwinn speedo that looked like new. the tabs were all twisted up, once I took it apart I found the whole thing was seized. I guess the grease drying up is enough to do it. once I freed it up, It worked good.

My future plan does not include a repaint. I have different parts I want to put on it. I intend to take off some of the old stuff, and put some different stuff on it. And if I need or want to put it back to original then I'll be able to do that. Kinda like a 2 in 1 AMT model.

Back