1970 Fastback + 2 Bouns Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW..great finds!

That Blue Wesren Flyer is the Bomb.
If you decide to sell it and maybe make all your money back I would
gladly step up.

I would love that Western Flyer....
PM me if your at all interested in making a buck,

peace,
Kev.

Wheelie Bike

Hey Skoda~

Yes, nice score on that W/F Wheelie Bike. I got a coupl off hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket AND if you need some parts I gots plenty of stuff. I have a few bikes too! I had one of these as a frame only and was gonna build a custom, but could not get myself to cut it up as it was too cool to monkey with. I sold my frame for what I bought it for, $75.

Let me know if you wanna deal.

Joe

[email protected]

That wheelie bike makes you officially the luckiest c*** alive on friday the 13th. Congratulations, here is your black cat on a broken mirror on a ladder trophy!

Ive never seen one of those wheelie bikes like that, VERY cool!

craigslist here in kalamazoo SUCKS...

HA HA!!!
right after i typed my last message, i double checked my local, crummy craigslist, and look at the first listing:
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/bik/309580797.html

worth it? seems high to me, my wifes hawthorn/rollfast with a tank only cost me about 30 bucks...

Our Craigslist is pretty lousy also. The bikes around here are all sucked up by ebayers with way more time than I have. I got real lucky on this. The guy that sold them said someone else wanted him to call back with the serial # on the Fastback. I told him I didn't care what the number was, I would be there with cash within a 1/2 hour.

I don't think I can part with the Wheelie bike. Thanks for the info on the link, I was going to go browse the nemusclebikes gallery but you saved me the time. I can forget about wanting a Krate now, as far as impractical bikes go, I think this one is way cooler.

I always wanted a Stingray Fastback more than a Krate ( I'd still love an Orange Krate, but I'm never going to spend the money on one)

The info on nemusclebike said this bike was refered to as a "buzz bike" and I *think* it says "Blue Buzz 2+1" on the chainguard. Everything is really salvagable, the paint is a little broken in spots, but with a Dremmel buffer, some bar keepers friend and wax, the paint and chrome should look good by the weekend.

Thanks for the comments and info and offers. If I do decide to sell it, you guys will be the first to know. I feel kind of selfish keeping it, but I really do like it. I havve moral issues with flipping bikes.

:oops:

tomb said:
HA HA!!!
right after i typed my last message, i double checked my local, crummy craigslist, and look at the first listing:
http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/bik/309580797.html

worth it? seems high to me, my wifes hawthorn/rollfast with a tank only cost me about 30 bucks...

Rollfast men's bikes go for no more than $50 on ebay for a decent one with age issues (tires, etc) . I'd say for a local sale on a women's bike, $50 is high. If you are close to a college though, I bet it sells for $50 to some co-ed.

Hooch,

I read the same thing about the frames, so my 200lb probuscus won't be doing any wheelies on it.

My neighbors think I'm a little excentric anyway, don't need to be lying in the street with a 4 foot sissy bar stuck around my head.

I can't see how this frame could break, it feels like it's made of dark matter.
:lol:

Wanna trade for the Wheelie Bike???

I feel like the Devil tempting Eve with the Apple, Heh, Heh, Heh.

Original 24 x 20 3 speed grip shift with brand new tires.
Murray24202.jpg

That thing is great! Do you know if the tires on mine are original? They do have a doble red stripe.

Your'e makin' me feel bad, man. :wink:

Original tires.

For this bike are the dual redline slick in back and Carlisle pinner redline up front. I have seen a few with Dual white lines in the back though. Tires on some of the obscure bikes are sometimes tough to pin down. Also, sometimes they came with whatever was at the factory at the time. Other than the Schwinn bikes and maybe a few other bikes like the Sears Screamer or Murray Eliminator original tires are less important. Period correct and matching would be more important, at least on a good original.

Give it some thought, no hurry. If you want pics of anything or have any specific wants, shoot them my way. I don't have any Krate stuff, but I do have some cool stuff.

Joe

Back