1970 Fastback + 2 Bouns Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

I'm not looking for a Krate, I want one and if I stumbled across one, I would buy and keep it, but I actually think this is cooler than a Krate. Who wants to be just another guy with a Krate? I do, but not the kind that spent their income tax refund on it.

I can't think of much I want right off-hand. I have about every bike, or at least one or two of every bike I really want now, but I will keep an open mind. I wish I had three to give you and Kev one.

Every other bike I get will be whatever the junk gods decide to drop in my path. Thanks for the tire info too.

Paul

My Wheelie Mockup

This was my mockup of the Dragster project I abandoned.

dragster2.jpg

mastershake916 said:
Nice, bike, what's a cheater slick?

A Cheater Slick is a Rear Wide Back Tire.
The actuall name Cheater Slick came from the 60's when it was
illegal to Run Slicks on the Road,
So companies Like Mickey Thompson made a Slick that had
little indented dots that they where able to pass off as Treads...
making them a slick with little tiny grooves in the Rubber that where
virtually invisible, but it made them Street Legal.

So, that turm has carried over to Bikes,
and I have 2 Bikes with the Stock Cheater Slicks.

here's a Picture of my 1969 Eatons Glider with a rear Cheater Slick,
and my 1969 Norco Rail with a Cheater Slick.

Eatons Glider
0186.jpg

0181.jpg

and my 69 Norco
I hope this helped on your question,
0086.jpg

0082.jpg

peace,
Kev.

The Wheelie is growing on me more and more (not that I didn't love it at first) but the Fastback is kind of ending up to be the bonus bike here.

That grils Sears Spyder is going to get torn down I think. It's a weird bike, has a hand operated coaster on a 5 speed hub (which just begs to go on something I would actually ride) and the frame has a lot of potential with some tweaks. I think it could be a good canidate for a chopper.

The incorrect Fastback wheels, if they are wrong, doesn't bother me. It's staying just like it basically is. I've always wanted a basic Stingray or Fastback, coaster - not a Krate.

Only thing it might get is a springer.

A hand operated coasterbrake is unique and could be fun with the right application.

Back