1970 HONDA MINI TRAIL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've definitely been on a mini bike kick lately. Not exactly searching them out...they seem to be finding me.

I picked this one up today from an estate sale that doesn't actually start until next week. They decided to offer a few big ticket items up beforehand and I lucked out on being the first caller. There was also a yellow 1970 Honda 3 wheeler, but they were asking too much for it.

Both bikes were kept in the garage all of these years and this mini trail is 100% original right down to the Nitto tires. Planning to detail it out and clean the tank and carb up to see if I can get it to fire up again. I really like the fact that it's a yellow model.

z50_001.jpg

z50_002.jpg

Here's the 3 wheeler I had to leave behind. :doh: Sadly I've always wanted one of these, but with 3 bad tires and no truck, it was just not feasible for me right now...not to mention the space they take up. You can't see it, but the fiberglass rear fender is cracked. The tank had a dent too. The thing was a beast to try to move. I tried shoving it around some and it wouldn't budge.

IMG_6430.JPG

Might be time to get a truck! Or a small trailer... Neat stuff!

I definitely agree. I started looking at trailers on CL, but then I wouldn't have s place to keep it. I think renting a small one from U-Haul for a day would be a better option...just a hassle to go through the rental process.

You don't see a yellow Honda everyday.

Dig the mini, those 3 wheelers are a blast, wish I still had mine.

My brothers best friend had a minitrail just like that one! More fun than anything!
We beat on it and it never ever broke - amazing! :)

Love mini bikes , i've bought and sold many over the years for some reason i really miss this one
early Zipper this thing was a blast..

zipper 006.jpg

Ive got a street legal 49cc mini Z. Blue & chrome. Not sure the difference between the z & trail... ?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

@ratrod have you seen the episode of pawn stars where they race the mini Hondas around the 'burbs with the bandana guy from counting cars? I feel like that's where this thread should end.

Ha Ha...I need to find that episode I guess.

I could lend someone my clone...it's got a 70 with a 4 speed.

DSC_0548.JPG

Ha! Its a party waiting to happen! I just want to knee drag a z50 through your little box suburbia in front of your neighbor's shocked kids ! Lol.

[emoji3] [emoji2] [emoji23]

I think mine is an auto 3 speed now that I think about it. I'd get into 3rd real quick because it was the "fast gear", lol and bog through the whole power band. Poor carbs

Ha! Its a party waiting to happen! I just want to knee drag a z50 through your little box suburbia in front of your neighbor's shocked kids ! Lol.

This is Texas...nothing shocks us here...well, except maybe when Walmart runs out of ammo. :21:

This brings me back to my first motorcycle. A Honda trail 70 in brown. Loved that bike. Once it finally broke (too many Evel Kneval tricks finally warped the forks, locked up the transmission and broke the exhaust pipe in half), I had wanted to rebuild it but I was a kid and we were moving. Love these little bikes!

Latest posts

Back