1970 Malvern Star 'Dragstar' turned RAT ROD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

picked up this 70 or 71 M.S Dragstar, just like I had as a kid...

had plans to full restoration back to OG, but got bitten by the RAT bug!

here's what i started with a few months back...

DSCF4593.jpg

DSCF4594.jpg

DSCF4595.jpg

and after lots of trial and error, and brain racking....

We now have this!

mods... wider rear rim&tyre, 22" front wheel on 27" forks, leather 'Bell' aussie sadle, a heap of cool extras, flipped cruiser bars, 'faux' chain oiler.....you get the idea!

Thanks for looking, would love to get your thoughts on this one...

Torks.

RRod.jpg

RRod5.jpg

RRod1.jpg

RRod2.jpg

RRod11.jpg

RRod8.jpg

RRod6.jpg

RRod10.jpg

RRod9.jpg

thanks for the comments guys.

springer isn't functional, just for the look. Will get some more pics for you :)

Dr. Tankenstein said:
That's a mean little bike, do you have any more pics of that springer. I'd like to see how it's attached.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Here you go!

Hope this helps.. remember its just for the look...

Top mount is a modified reflector bracket...
(welded 2 penny washers onto it, the ground it smooth)

Legs are a removable seat stay section from a 1950's Malvern Star road bike

Springs are off the shelf compression springs

Light mount is a cut off coaster brake arm
(please, don't look at the welds..LOL)

ratspring.jpg

ratspring1.jpg

ratspring2.jpg

ratspring3.jpg

I would not have looked at that original bike and had the vision to see what you made, but I love it, much better than stock. I have a "muscle bike" and I'm not really a fan of the look, but what you did with one is great.

gday torkerman, check out my rat dragstar in my just some of my bikes post, i dont know how to put a pic here for you or i would. ive also built my son a drag bike but not from a dragstar frame its some other brand.

suparoospeedway said:
gday torkerman, check out my rat dragstar in my just some of my bikes post, i dont know how to put a pic here for you or i would. ive also built my son a drag bike but not from a dragstar frame its some other brand.

I'll check it out!

Hey, do a Ratty Skid Kid bike :D

Nice work, I like the way everything goes together, all the parts, the paint and the stance all work to compliment each other and the front end looks great! BTW, I think we went to the same welding school!!! :lol:

well I thought I knew ya all. I went to the same welding school.lol. oh, very nice bike. like the look of it. great job.

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back