1970 Schwinn Fastback

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this in a local forum site: 1970 Schwinn Fastback 20". The seat looks like it has been painted or had a thick coat of Leather Luster put on it, the fenders are unknown to be original, the rear tire says Schwinn Spitfire and I forgot the rest. I got a little excited when the seller rolled it out of the garage and it had a smaller front tire on it, but it was short lived. I didn't really NEED this bike, but it's a '70 and I've been wanting one that was the same year I was born....... One of my wierdnesses.. :roll: ...... I'll post more pics soon...

Chips_Mahoy said:
I didn't really NEED this bike, but it's a '70 and I've been wanting one that was the same year I was born....... One of my wierdnesses.. :roll: ...... I'll post more pics soon...

That ain't weird......I want one that's from September '70....preferably an Apple Krate.....

This one is Nov 1970 & I was Feb....close enough for now.

Jimmy the Gent said:
Chips_Mahoy said:
I didn't really NEED this bike, but it's a '70 and I've been wanting one that was the same year I was born....... One of my wierdnesses.. :roll: ...... I'll post more pics soon...

That ain't weird......I want one that's from September '70....preferably an Apple Krate.....

I always want bikes made before I was born. But being born in '85 you're kinda limited to BMX bikes and a few oddballs that are actually worth messing with. I wouldn't mind finding a '48 Schwinn made on August 17th though.

Got looking at it today in the sun since I was off work and saw that the rear coaster hub is a SACHS JET. I don't know anything about it but it sounds cool. Can anyone enlighten me?

Latest posts

Back