1971 Huffy Twin Stick Mag Wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mounted all the male and female clips.
4470AA10-7EF3-43A8-8F7A-8038F8718D7C.jpeg

Put it together. The rear wheel is back in action!
D29A05A0-9563-4653-937D-8C8D595229F3.jpeg

Turned out great! The wheel was a whole project just by itself!
No joke! I went slow because no one has ever done something like this to one of these and I wanted to get it right. Plus it's hotter than Hades here, so crimps my build time. Thanks for the suggestion on speaker clips!

Got it in the Sun to test the kickstand height. It’s a little tall with the new fork so I’m going to shave it a little.

IMG_1268.jpeg

The cups fell out of the frame when I got the bike. I should have addressed it before I got them chromed but had so many other things to think about I didn’t. I obviously remembered when I put the headset together. I was hoping just tightening the adjustment real tight would be enough, but when moving the bike I felt movement. So I decided the shim them with aluminum and set them in with JB Weld. I’ll let this cure for 2 days then put it back together.

IMG_1276.jpeg

I'm 6'4". That side shot looks like it was taken from a drone. It's funny, on the bike stand, and me working very closely on the bikes, they look so big to me in my mind's perspective. Then I see something like this and it snaps me back to reality of how small these bikes are. It's like they were built for children or something. Very weird.

I'm 6'4". That side shot looks like it was taken from a drone. It's funny, on the bike stand, and me working very closely on the bikes, they look so big to me in my mind's perspective. Then I see something like this and it snaps me back to reality of how small these bikes are. It's like they were built for children or something. Very weird.

HEY! YOU UP THERE...

ᵃˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵒ ⁱˢ ⁵' ⁸", ʷⁱᵗʰ ˢʰᵒʳᵗ ˡᵉᵍˢ, ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶜᵃⁿ ʳⁱᵈᵉ ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ᶜᵒᵐᶠᵒʳᵗᵃᵇˡʸ...ˢʰᵃᵈᵈᵘᵖ 🤣

Back