1971 Schwinn Town / Country

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on CL this morning, sent an email before going to work, called about 9 ..left work at 3. Had it loaded in the car around 430.

Needs some TLC ... but ill be more then happy to give it some. Might upgrade to a "manly" schwinn frame. This thing is cherry condition, mechanic wise it needs a little bit of care but Ill get it good once I finish my current build.

trikey.jpg

best part..only 90$!! .. I seen beat up run down spider / bug covered paint peeling ones go for 150$ 200$ lol. Im siked. I didnt even try jewing the guy, Gave him the 90$ shook his hand and was on my way.

Oh that is nice. Looks real clean too. Does it have all 3 Schwinn S-5 rims? And are the rear tires the 24" slicks (those are Manta Ray slicks...big bux)?

Danimal said:
Oh that is nice. Looks real clean too. Does it have all 3 Schwinn S-5 rims? And are the rear tires the 24" slicks (those are Manta Ray slicks...big bux)?

good question lol wish I knew the answer. No clue to be honest, they look original, guy said who bike was OG .. weird that it has 3 road bike type wheels / tires the 700c type but its really clean and everything has schwin on it, to bad Ill probably end up cutting it I bet someone might appreciate all the stuff on it. Ill be sure to post if Im getting rid of things.

edit -- Im gonna run to the garage and check what kinda tires they are right now.

Back