1972 Raleigh Grand prix

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
65$ for this beauty with owner manual and warranty papers
all original from the top "Wrights" saddle to the bottom "Raleigh Racing" tires

maybe you are right.
no rust, only dust.

That green is awesome

Seems like a righteous score...I've rebuilt and sold a couple of those for around $100 a piece, and that's in rebuilt used condition. They are nice, solid old school bikes that operate in a nice, deliberate fashion.

While this is certainly a great score and should make for a nice flip should you be one who does that, I think you could make a lot more money if you used your time machine for more lucrative purposes.

I sold last year 4-5 Raleighs, road bikes with 170 to 250$, hope I'll get on this at least 250.
What do you mean "more lucrative purposes"? My English is not very good.
Marius

I sold last year 4-5 Raleighs, road bikes with 170 to 250$, hope I'll get on this at least 250.
What do you mean "more lucrative purposes"? My English is not very good.
Marius

I believe he was just saying congrats as well as kidding with you that you must have used your time machine to go back in time to get that bike when it was new then bring it forward to the present. That being said he would prefer you bring back some rarer and more desirable bikes the next time you use your time machine. That's my interpretation.

I believe he was just saying congrats as well as kidding with you that you must have used your time machine to go back in time to get that bike when it was new then bring it forward to the present. That being said he would prefer you bring back some rarer and more desirable bikes the next time you use your time machine. That's my interpretation.

BINGO

I would buy lottery tickets, mostly.

What is really impressive is the condition of the saddle. With just a little rain these were destroyed.

What should be the value of a 1960 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet, good condition, but it doesn't have the light on the front fender; it is on the handle bar.
Red color, like the picture from the following site: http://schwinncruisers.com/bikes/deluxe-hornet/
It has the red/black tank, springer fork, back rack.
Any ideas?
I don't have a picture
thx, Marius

Man, that is sweet. I first got into road riding on a red and black one just like that. Rode the paint off of it. Even did several bike tours in Northern Wisconsin on it. Replaced it with a Raleigh Competition GS in 1982, which I still have. I have a newspaper article and photo from Baraboo, Wisconsin where me and a couple of friends were interviewed by the local paper. GOOD TIMES. Nice Bike!!!!!! That is a keeper. If you don't ride it please turn it into a beautiful wall hanger. Old Raleigh's forever!!!!!

Lost my 8th grade treasure to a garage fire. All I have left is an owners manual. Please contact me as i'd like to own this bike.
Shultsjb@gmail. Com

Sold it long time ago

bummer. I'd have paid many times more than the asking price for it. looked new! Sentimental over loss of mine.

Back