1972 schwinn pea picker -disc brake"finished"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Found this bike right down the street.I purchased it from the original owner.It looks like it will clean up o.k.
I will post pictures when I get it finished.I need to locate a few parts but I hope to finish it early next year.
100_0712.jpg

Re: 1972 schwinn pea picker -disc brake

Sweet find! :shock: Looks like it will clean up great :D

Looks like a Drum brake to me...?

Nice find just DON'T rub the chain guard when cleaning. Unless you're planning to replace the decals. :wink:

outskirtscustoms said:
Nice find just DON'T rub the chain guard when cleaning. Unless you're planning to replace the decals. :wink:

Haha, yup...how many people have made that mistake the first time they cleaned a Schwinn....I know I did it once!!

outskirtscustoms said:

"Nice" isn't the word I'd use.... 8)

BTW: How, exactly would I (hypothetically) clean one?

Jimmy the Gent said:
outskirtscustoms said:

"Nice" isn't the word I'd use.... 8)

BTW: How, exactly would I (hypothetically) clean one?

Chemical dip such as Oxalic acid or vinegar. Just do a "test spot" first to make sure it won't harm it.

outskirtscustoms said:
Chemical dip such as Oxalic acid or vinegar. Just do a "test spot" first to make sure it won't harm it.

A "test spot" on the guard itself,or on a letter?

...maybe I'll just leave it as it is...

682887178_2441702891_0.jpg

Jimmy the Gent said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Both. Doesn't look too bad. you can rub the paint somewhat but be very careful around the letters and take your time.

ratina said:
jaydub said:
Looks like a Drum brake to me...?

the rear wheel has a disc brake
Wow my Bad...I haven't seen one in a long time..forgot about the rear :? Nice score..Now I feel dumb..LOL

outskirtscustoms said:
Jimmy the Gent said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Both. Doesn't look too bad. you can rub the paint somewhat but be very careful around the letters and take your time.

So basically; don't just soak it.....

Up date.
A little slow getting it done due to the holidays.All I need to do is clean up the wheels and find a good seat.So far everything has cleaned up really nice. The rear fender and sissy bar did not clean up as wll as I had hoped but still dont look to bad.I hope to find a seat and finish it by the end of the month.
125_0780.jpg

lopo68 said:
Up date.
A little slow getting it done due to the holidays.All I need to do is clean up the wheels and find a good seat.So far everything has cleaned up really nice. The rear fender and sissy bar did not clean up as wll as I had hoped but still dont look to bad.I hope to find a seat and finish it by the end of the month.
125_0780.jpg

Dude that came out really good!! looks nice get a picture when its finished too.

Looks great! :D That Schwinn chrome is the best 8)

I was able to save all of the original parts except for the rear tire seat and cables.
The seat was replaced with an early pete seat using the original material.
The rear tire was replaced with a 98 n.o.s.reproduction .
Thanks
127_0024.jpg
[/IMG]
127_0023.jpg
127_0022.jpg
127_0025.jpg
127_0024.jpg
g[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back