An old Mongoose

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found at a local garage sale, I researched what it was but can't remember anything except I think it is the last good year for Mongoose BMX, and I like how the kid erased all Mongoose ID and covered the bike with decals of bands etc. he liked. Went over it and got it on the street, but has a noise from the freewheel I will have to look into someday.

mongoose ready a.jpg

mongoose ready b.jpg

Last edited:
Mongoose still sells pretty good bikes. But not at walmart where the vast majority of Mongoose bmx bikes are sold. Those boat anchors are made of low grade steel throughout and will rust up or wear out pretty quickly. Often refered to as bicycle shaped objects. They look like bmx bikes (ditto for the mountain bikes) but sure aren't built for dirt riding. Some even have stickers on them warning owners they aren't intended for off road or stunt riding. But since Pacific bought Mongoose in 2000, their main image is a cheap walmart bikes.

Pacific sells better Schwinns & Mongoose bikes via the web only.
Mongoose dot com has the good ones, full chromo frames, decent hubs and wheels, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back