1981 Murray X24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really stoked about this score. Guy brought this in to the shop and left without it. 1981 Team Murray X24 cruiser, looks to be all original, grips are shot, carlisle gumwall knobbies are in bad shape . Looks like this will be my next detailing project, I think it'll clean up pretty nice. Gonna be tough to find these tires though.

IMG_4070.jpg

Yeah, I think I may go with gumwall comp 3 copies. Even if I was lucky enough to find the correct 24" knobbies, I can imagine they'd be pricey. Thanks for those links.

Man that looks all OG.Hey but on those grips if your not gonna use them will you ship them to me? Ive got a Mongoose 26'' Kos that they would work perfect on!!

You can have them if you want, but they're missing the outer rubber sleeves. I'll take some pics for you once I start working on it.

Cool score! I found a similar Murray a few years ago in much worse condition. Mostly original, but spray painted and rusted out rims. A previous owner also sprayed the frame in silver for some reason, but when I stripped it off, the chrome was in perfect condition :roll: The bars were still clean and blue like yours under the silver paint. The chainwheel did not hold up so well...

murray_x24_02.JPG

any way to contact the guy? :lol: its a sweet bike!
please say no.

Back