1982 Schwinn Predator FINISHED PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I should have taken more "before" pics, this thing had a nice thick layer of funk on everything. It's coming out pretty nice, might get some yellow comp 3 tires and grips for it.
IMG_2156.jpg

After:
IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Re: 1982 Schwinn Predator

:shock: Beautiful. That chrome really sticks out at you. Your decals appear to be in excellent condition too. Nice work! :mrgreen:

I'd be happy to take the old tires off your hands, if they aren't dry rotted. Let me know.

The tires are pretty bad, I'm not sure that they could handle being inflated.

The front is a 20x2.125, the rear is 20x1.75. They are called snakeskin or snake something.

Snake Belly :mrgreen:

That Predator looks really nice...the decals are in great shape.

Reminds me of the 82 Predator Competition I parted out a few months back. :cry:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Man, that's sweet. What kind of seat is that? Reminds me of "flight of the navigator"

It's a UNI Hammerhead with a composite seat post.

It brought $75 when I parted the bike.

necessaryevil said:
The tires are pretty bad, I'm not sure that they could handle being inflated.

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

-Jeffrey

Made a little bit of progress. Scored some free Cheng Shin gumwalls and went through the wheels.
IMG_2166.jpg

I'm glad you posted that link, I thought the grips on mine weren't original and was going to toss them. But Ratrod's post with the Predator advertisement shows my exact grips. Thanks :D

Got it all done and back together today. Now I just need to toss on my Rad Racing shirt and bust out some endos :p
IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

My only thought is a bigger (wider) tire up front for turning grip, skinnier tire on back for less rolling resistance? Or maybe a fat tire upfront for nose-casing jumps? :lol:

Back