1984 Blue Max GOOD FIND?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up at a local resale shop... Hadn't really heard of the Blue Max name before but saw it had good components/parts and I like looptails so I figured it was quite the steal for the price I paid :lol: It is going to clean up really well, just surface rust in a couple spots. Now I just read that these are hard to find- am I right? I have a few old bmx bikes but not really that informed about them, more seasoned in Schwinns/cruisers/muscle bikes. Any info would be appreciated!

DSC06740.jpg

DSC06743.jpg

DSC06739.jpg

DSC06737.jpg

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06738.jpg

DSC06742.jpg

This is (almost) the exact bike I had as a kid. Blue Max were made by the same folks who made mongoose and a few other brands. They were primarily sold on military bases over seas. (Thus, hard to find in the states.) My dad was air-force and we were stationed in the Phillippines when I got mine from the BX in 8th grade.

About 2 years ago mine was found in my moms basement and thrown away! AAAARGH!

The difference between this and mine is mine had a lower cross bar on the handle bars. But yours is correct, just came slightly after mine. And I think your grips were added as these seemed to have the dual color grips with the dots on them.

The earlier Blue Maxes were even more rad and they had a gusset in the frame that had the Iron Cross in it. So rad!

I am jelly of this find!

Thanks for the info! When doing some research I had just read that they were sold on military bases making it a limited run or just not available to anyone so that confirms that.

Back