1986 Mongoose Pro Class 24 looptail & 70s Scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I saw this ad:

I don't know a lot about BMX but I know Looptail and I know 1986 so I jumped on it. txting and then after 3 minutes of waiting i just called. the guy, Jesse said he had been inundated in with texts and that one guy was headed out. I said I was sure he would get it and that enjoy it at that price and then he said something along the lines of year 50 for the blue wheels and 250 for the bike. Ahhh he forgot a ZERO at the end. explains all the calls. He said he'd call me. He did the first guy was bummed and pissed about the typo so he called me as I was in another town buying the Scrambler at a goodwill where a guy had bought then posted it on CL from there. He handt even taken it out of the store yet!! Said that was his full time job, hanging out at GW and working the bins and selling on CL. Long story Long, Jesse asked me what I had and we settled on a price. He threw in a set of ACS Z RIMS for free... :D

Talk about outshining a Schwinn. I still thought the schwinn was a good find too at 70 bucks (even with the little bitty fork issue) the seat looks great!

Latest posts

Back