1st Annual Jersey Cruisers Boardwalk Cruise 8/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1st Annual Boardwalk Cruise

Sunday, August 29th at 7am

All vintage Balloon Tires, Tank Bikes, Cruisers, 70’s Musclebikes, Ratrods and Customs are welcome to join us for a slow cruise up the Jersey Shore.

We will begin in Spring Lake at the parking lot on Brown Ave (Wreck Pond) and end in Ocean Grove for some tire kicking and breakfast at one of the many downtown eateries.

At the end of the ride all bikes will park in front of the Ocean Grove Auditorium
8)
Join us on Facebook at Jersey Cruisers

This is some of the best beach cruising boardwalk to be found around here.

Please excuse the mega map link.....
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...-74.005623&spn=0.134022,0.22007&z=12&lci=bike

There are several good bike shops in the area, lots of food, and Ocean Grove is a unique tent community that has a fantastic old auditorium. There is a fun little ice cream shop in Ocean Grove, and an excellent little cheese shop too.

August 29th is a sunday so count me in.

Feuerdog, Thanks for the map and Ocean Grove information. I just went around to all of the bike shops and eateries around town and this thing is gaining momentum. I even went to a trophy shop and ordered some trophies for the best bikes. I am thinking about doing shirts but I am not sure how many to order. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of leftovers. Looking forward to seeing you down there.

hotrodjen, thanks for the post. Tell your friend to join us. It is going to be a great time.

tlaing1, thanks for the post. Have fun on your birthday. If you can get up and join us we would love to have you.

I was just thinkin' about this cruise.....

7am meet?
7am roll-out?
or
8am roll-out?

I'm all about early bird gets the worm and beating the heat and all that stuff, but 7am on a sunday even at the shore it's going to be pretty barren.

It seems like an awful early time for people who might have to commute into the area too.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the inquiry. We chose an early start for several reasons. Many of the towns do not allow bikes on the boards after 9am. Not sure how long it will take but I wanted to make sure that we would not get kicked off the boardwalk halfway there. Also, there would be less traffic on the boards earlier, people start to get up to the boardwalk to get on the beach around 8 so I figured if we had a bunch of riders, we could beat the crowds. We wanted people to be able to get the ride in early so the participants could eat breakfast at Ocean Grove and have the rest of the day to go to the beach or just spend time in the area. There is a lot to do and see within biking distance.

Maybe it is a little early but we can't change the starting time now. If there are not a lot of participants, We can see about changing the time in the future. This is our first time planning something like this so I am sure that there will be some things we want to change in the future.

We do have some trophies for best balloon tire, best custom, best vintage cruiser and best musclebike. I thought that it would be a fun way to finish the event and recognize those with cool bikes.

We are looking forward to a great event!

I'll be away on vacation or I'd be there. I'm looking forward to the pictures, though.
:D

BigCam59 - Is there anyway to get this event posted on the teamterrapin website? Please tell any team terrapin members about the ride. I also checked out the other website hacksaw 73. Was that tiki bike your creation? I saw it on craigslist a few weeks ago. I though it was one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen. I wanted to buy it but did not have the room in my garage. Is your shop located on 73. I am in Cinnaminson but have a place at the Jersey Shore and planned the ride there.

gksnedden said:
BigCam59 - Is there anyway to get this event posted on the teamterrapin website? Please tell any team terrapin members about the ride. I also checked out the other website hacksaw 73. Was that tiki bike your creation? I saw it on craigslist a few weeks ago. I though it was one of the coolest bikes I have ever seen. I wanted to buy it but did not have the room in my garage. Is your shop located on 73. I am in Cinnaminson but have a place at the Jersey Shore and planned the ride there.
Consider it posted, and yes, the Tiki Time Cruiser is my creation. Sadly I'm selling it (it is still for sale btw) for the same reason you couldn't buy it. It takes up almost the entire workshop, aka my garage. :(
PS Hope you can make it to Collingswood on the 19th

Thanks for putting the Boardwalk Cruise on the terrapin site. If you want, I can post your ad on my facebook page and see if there is any interest. You can check it out at JerseyCruisers on facebook. There are a lot of bike people on there. I will try to make it to the Collingswood Cruise. It looks like it is going to be a good event.

6 Days until the event. Long term weather forecast looks great. 86 and sunny! We are going to ride rain or shine. There is a lot of interest and it should be a great event. Tell your friends. Even if you don't have a vintage bike, join us for the cruise anyway.

Back