2 folders to go please...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks to Outskirts I was able to score these 2 folding bikes that fit within my budget. Thanks again Joe!

Unknown year & make Miller 64 beer promotional bike. Never used!! The Miller 64 decals were scraped off it and it sat.

Miller64foldingbike-vi.jpg

Late 60's? PortaBike made in Italy. All original but needs tires & tubes.

PortaBike-vi.jpg

I'll play w/ the silver one a little and will re-do the PortaBike and make it a nice Rat rider. Now I'll be able to go up to Chicago to ride w/ Skip and take these with me! 8)

The wheels have been turning since you gave me the heads up on them. I'm tossing around a couple different ideas with them but we'll have to see what the budget allows.......IF I have one at all.

Cool score. Just make sure all of the folding joint locking mechanisms are adjusted well before doing much riding on either bike.
First one looks like some of the standard Chinese 16" folders.
The Porta folder looks like a typical Italian U-Tube folder. Heavy, but dependable.
Good luck!!!

I edited the first pic and put up a better one....

The Porta-Bike is definitely alot heavier than the silver one! I agree with you KF about it being a Chinese built bike. I'll definitely be double checking everything on it before each ride.... :shock: The Porta-Bike has a nice look to it. I think I can do something cool w/ it. And oh.....I forgot to mention that I was able to pick both of them up for under a Benjamin!! :D 8)

You done good kimosabi.
Folders are fun, I have had quite a few of them over the years.

It won't let me see the photos without a login.

Got on a computer finally....

IMG_20130208_174342_9721-vi.jpg

And messed with this one too. I'm thinking a slick in the rear w/ a skinny front. It'll still fold up okay with the banana seat and apes!

IMG_20130208_192629_8761-vi.jpg

Nice, I was thinking of using a baby OCC rear for the Pixe before I started parting it out. Totally changes the vibe of the asian folder. I like your idea with the Italian one as well.

The 18" front wheel/tire from the Jr Stingray will fit the front too. I just borrowed Aaron's from his scooter we were building before he had his surgery. Now I'll have to find another donor bike.

The red one will probably get new red paint, black wheels and white wall tires and the chrome cleaned or replaced.

Latest posts

Back