STBO BBC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some cutting and welding tonight. I’m going to put it back together tomorrow and see how it looks View attachment 280352
280517-280506-IMG-0486-2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Something is still weird with the way your images are posted, Boss. It may have to do with the size of the image. I can't see em in the thread on my side. Had to open a new window, so I downloaded em to repost them myself, and they're still weird. Then, I cropped em and resaved using my phone (much less megabytes), here they are without issue
280506-IMG-0486~2.jpeg
280508-IMG-0487~2.jpeg

Bike is looking wild, but we gotta be able to see it!

Something is still weird with the way your images are posted, Boss. It may have to do with the size of the image. I can't see em in the thread on my side. Had to open a new window, so I downloaded em to repost them myself, and they're still weird. Then, I cropped em and resaved using my phone (much less megabytes), here they are without issue View attachment 280365View attachment 280366
Bike is looking wild, but we gotta be able to see it!
Hey matti, ive tried a few different way. To post them. I’m going to reassemble it this afternoon and take a couple pictures figure it out tonight. Thank you for making them visible ✌🏻

The part that retains the spring is part of the bolt, but maybe you can just use a washer or two and let the spring just sit there with no retainer. The spring tension may hold it in place well enough.

Who the brake expert. I’d like to do a duel rear brake. Can I take apart the one caliper and slide it over the one already installed. It has a long enough bolt but I think the spring retention piece is pressed or made as part of the long screw.View attachment 281678
I'm not a brake expert, but yes you can. Works best if you use the front fork brake (longer bolt) on top. Remove the bolt from the other brake, slide it on the lower empty mounting bolt side. This mounting will want to rotate with the wheel. To fix that issue, mount two small "L" brackets, one on each side bolted under the brake pad bolts. These push against the upper wheel frame stays and keep the whole assembly from rotating.

The part that retains the spring is part of the bolt, but maybe you can just use a washer or two and let the spring just sit there with no retainer. The spring tension may hold it in place well enough.
On some brake brands, you can remove the spring retainer from the mounting bolt. There are also different diameter mounting bolts, need to match them.

Who the brake expert. I’d like to do a duel rear brake. Can I take apart the one caliper and slide it over the one already installed. It has a long enough bolt but I think the spring retention piece is pressed or made as part of the long screw.View attachment 281678

I’m considering using a similar dual rear brake setup on mine so I’ll be interested to see how this works out. 💪

The brake mounting angle might make a difference. I had a brake that wouldn't reach the rim, but inserted the other way, the pads would reach. The hole wasn't exactly in line with the rim.

Im wondering if I can cut the caliper bolt. Drill out the spring retainer and use it on the long bolt and re assemble the caliper arms?
Sounds like a good plan. The bolt to drill out might be hardened and tough to drill. I'd see if I could hammer the bolt free from the spring retainer.

Latest posts

Back