2 more Schwinns....AGAIN!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First up is this 1970 Schwinn Deluxe Twin. I have a name for it already..."The Yellow Submarine"
PB230061.jpg

Then got this nice looking BFK "Black Friday Krate" Someone kinda did a number on it converting it to a freewheel and throwing a different front wheel on it but the main stuff is there.
PB230060.jpg

PB230062.jpg

We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine! The acids grabbing hold of my body as I speak! Lol
Nice bfk how much shipped? Lol

Frankthetank said:
We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine! The acids grabbing hold of my body as I speak! Lol
Nice bfk how much shipped? Lol

Already got a buyer lined up for it, If that deal falls through I'll let you know. He's in your state so you might be able to deal him out of it later.

dragnusa said:
How do you seem to find all these cool bikes?
I know people... :mrgreen:

(My friend mark who has run a bike shop for years is selling out and I've known him for years. He gave me a deal at $130 for both. :wink: ) He's got a few other bikes. Mostly girl's tank bikes or incomplete projects but I'm helping him liquidate his collection and buying a few for myself. I might be selling a few of mine here soon to make space. I also bought my spaceliner off the same guy.
P7240043.jpg

Here's a little sneak peak of what this guy mark has.
P7240008.jpg

P7240025.jpg

P7240022.jpg

P7240013.jpg

P7240035.jpg

P7240047.jpg

P7240049.jpg

P7240050.jpg

P7240039.jpg

P7240002.jpg

P7240057.jpg

P7240065.jpg

P7240012.jpg

Ahh Its always nice when you can be the person that gets to go in places others cant, thats how I got the spitfire and buzz bike, the guy has a second hand store but dont sell many bikes on the floor but he likes buying them and just lets them collect in his storage building. so I happen by the window and seen some handle bars and went in and asked and he let me look.

509clunk said:
you dog!! those are some cool finds!!
They are all for sale if you feel like a road trip. I'm only one guy with a shed and mine's already full. He doesn't want to bother with shipping and nobody else knows about it. I'd like to find them all good homes with collectors rather than him have a yard sale and get ripped off. I just make a few bucks for tear down, packaging, and what not. If there's enough interest in parts I'll buy them as many as I can and sell them or part them.

Here's my shed
PB180040.jpg

Now imagine it with the tandem and stingray in there too. :shock:

I think I need another shed. :mrgreen: Ah the variety of bikes every time I go for a ride. 8)

Build off material....be afraid...be very afraid :lol:

dragnusa said:
I slipped a couple into my basement when the wife wasnt watching so I could have room to move around in my garage
I don't have a basement. You must be lucky. I know another guy who has quite the stash but he's only selling at retail x 5. :roll:

iven said:
can you get a better pic of the choppa in the left?
PB180040.jpg
Here's the only other pic I have of it. I'll get one in the morning.
PB150018.jpg

Re: 2 more Schwinns....AGAIN! CLEANED UP! PIC HEAVY

Got the Tandem all cleaned up and man is it pretty. Also found out they are S-5 wheels.
ray5.jpg

ray6.jpg

ray11.jpg

ray12.jpg

ray13.jpg

ray14.jpg

ray15.jpg

ray16.jpg

Also found these at the local scrapyard for $2.
ray10.jpg

And something that fits my shed perfectly
ray9.jpg

I actually have it semi-organized now
ray7.jpg

ray8.jpg

Cleaned up the stingray and tested how I like the mag wheel on it, I will re-paint the mag but here's a sneak peek.
PB260112.jpg

PB260113.jpg

TWINN BEFORE:
PB230061.jpg

TWINN AFTER: I also re-painted the front basket with some chrome spray paint, I'll get a pic tomorrow when I get it back on.
ray5.jpg

BFK BEFORE:
PB230060.jpg

BFK AFTER:
PB260112.jpg

Henry morgan said:
HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NO MORE SCHWINNS, wait or is that wire hangers.. I get confused
Oh I don't have that many just a
1954 Wasp
1956 American
1958 American
1966 Heavy Duty
1966 Fairlady
1968 Panther
1968 Hollywood
1970 Deluxe Twinn
1980's Cruiser
and
1990's Stingray