2 old schools

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found local, he's asking 80 for both
3kc3mb3ldZZZZZZZZZ96jf2e0d39543481d73.jpg

boys: sears spyder and female: roddy? edit- from looking around it looks like a roddy seafarer

worth the investment? the ad's been up for a while and I think I can talk him down to less

I'll most likely pick em up by the weekend.

my problem- I'm 6'6", I can't see myself ever riding a bike like these. That's why I have a thing for cruisers, I just figured it would be hard to pass up, even to hold onto

Well, I used to have a '69 Sears spyder:

2lx9q95.jpg

It wasn't nearly as nice as the one you are looking at from what I can see. (Though the chrome and original tires were nearly perfect... the paint finish was actually pretty rough... ) I put this one on eBay and sold it for $125 plus shipping. I think you could do that with the purple boys' one and part the girls out some and do pretty well.

WhiteShadow said:
I'll most likely pick em up by the weekend.

my problem- I'm 6'6", I can't see myself ever riding a bike like these. That's why I have a thing for cruisers, I just figured it would be hard to pass up, even to hold onto

You can ride em ...you just need a 3'foot seat post.. :lol:

just picked em up. the spyder is beautiful. it hurts me to want to touch it to do any kind of modding. i'll prob keep it the way it is. he still had the original seat that matches the grips sparkle purple vibe. still has some of the streamers in them still. first thing he asked was if i was gonna rat it out or collect, then showed me some of his stuff. old school schwinns, west coast chopper bikes, etc etc. real chill guy. i'm going to need some new tires on the spyder, but besides that they're both is great condition

got em both for 75.

the ramshorn handlebars are a kick

Don't sweat your size. We got a guy up here who's 6'9" or 10" who rides his Sting Rays all the time. I personally don't do it and I'm only 6'5". But that is a style choice more that anything else.

congrats on your buy! get some better photos up!!

Back