2 Schwinns and a Huffy (BETTER pics added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm happy to report my first fresh find(s)

Not what I would call rat bikes, but I see a few bmx's around here so here I go.

First, I picked up a 96 or 7 (I forgot) schwinn predator BMX and a Huffy girls mountain bike from a guy for $15.
Then His neighbor comes out of the house and asks If I want another bike, so I figured I'd go check it out.

He has this old schwinn bmx in the garage that his kids jumped 2 times and put away. It's in need of a good old fashioned "Steve OCD cleaning job," but I picked it up for 30 bucks. It ended up being a 96 Schwinn Pro Stock 1, top of the pro stock line. I think I might be able to get some decent cash for it once its all purdied up.

I'll take pics tonight. My phone is my only camera, and when I whipped it out to snap some shots, the battery was too dead to load the camera, so I'll get some pics when I get back from my nights activity.

Until then...

...which is now

Here's the Predator
SSPX0563.jpg

and the Pro stock
SSPX0562.jpg

Yeah, I know the pics are horrible, but it was like 11:00 pm and I just quickly snapped them in my garage. Better pics this weekend.

Re: 2 schwinns and a huffy (pics added)

Ok, as promised in the previous post, Here are pics of the bikes in the broad daylight. I have no Idea what they're worth, so if anyone has any input, that would be awesome.

Here's the Pro Stock 1:
SSPX0565.jpg

It had the "stingray" pad set on it, well, all but the stem cover, but I took it off for the photo because I was doing some cleaning prior to taking the pic.

Here's the Predator, just pulled it out of the garage:
SSPX0566.jpg

This one needs to be completely gone thru and lubed up before it's ready to beat on.

and here's the Huffy that I haven't posted pics of yet:
SSPX0568.jpg

This one also needs to be all lubed up and whatnot.

There you go, what do you think?

I figured the huffy wasn't worth too much, maybe a parts bike for a klunker or something...

The bent sidepull brake is coming off too. just need some grips on the predator, and some elbow grease for both. I will put up pics once I get something done.

deorman said:
The Huffy's worth ten bucks, tops, but the bmx stuff could probably bring a couple hundred with some elbow grease and a seat post. (And lose the bent sidepull.)

I'd have to disagree with you about the Huffy. :wink: I think it's worth around $40, give or take... at least in this area. :lol:

the only thing I'd gain in that situation would be experience... we'll see what goes on. I'm hoping to clean up the 2 bmx's monday night. Stay tuned!

EDIT: whats the best way to thoroughly clean rusty spokes?

Back