$20.00 Bianchi Alante (Thrift Store Find)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found this today at an out of the way Thrift Store I ran across while out shopping for Mother's Day gifts. I know nothing about this bike or brand but do believe that it is a pretty decent brand. I'm a BMX guy through and through but knew I couldn't leave this behind, especially with only a $20.00 price tag on it. Needs new tires and a rear tube and the rear gear cable is mysteriously wrapped around the bottom bracket. I plan on replacing all the cables, tires and tubes and riding it around the neighborhood. Can anybody fill me in on this bike?

DSCN2771.jpg

DSCN2776.jpg

DSCN2781.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I don't think you can buy any single part for a Bianchi for less than $20, so you probably did all right. They make pretty high-end road bikes. What type of derailleurs and brakes does it have?

The name on the components is exage. Everything works quite smoothly with regards to the brakes. The front derailer moves very smoothly as well. Hopefully I can get the rear derailer cable swapped as easily and go from there.

Back