20 inch Western Flyer Tank and Rack Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this girls Western Flyer 20" bike today along with Firestone Pilot. The front wheel is incorrect for the bike, would be nice to find one to match rear rim. It has some dents to tweak. The truss rods, fender light and seat are missing. I'll probably clean it up some, retire an try to flip. Assuming it is from 50's to 70's.
e6uny6yb.jpg
du7aqute.jpg
me4edamu.jpg

Serial number appears to be E98722-53
Can't quite tell if there is suppose to be another number in front of the "5" or not. Any production year info would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

MazdaFlyer said:
Can't quite tell if there is suppose to be another number in front of the "5" or not. Any production year info would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Its a 1953 Cleveland Welding bike. Should be a CW after the 53. You have the rest of the numbers. I have the same bike but a Roadmaster.

ratina said:
MazdaFlyer said:

Its a 1953 Cleveland Welding bike. Should be a CW after the 53. You have the rest of the numbers. I have the same bike but a Roadmaster.
Hey thanks, that is good news. I'm thinking that the seat that was on the Firestone Pilot might belong to this WF.

ratina said:
Here's mine, I believe everything is original
Thanks for sharing, looks like yours is in better shape. Not seeing the additional "CW" on the bottom bracket.

Walker said:
Cool little bike. I'd like to find something that size in a boys bike for my youngest. But I think I have truss rods to fit that!
So you might have truss rods Walker. Ratina posted a photo of his bike with the truss rods in place. Let me know, I might be interested for the right price.

Added new tires and tubes, did minor clean up, lubed chain, took out some dents, straightened up chain guard, added front fender stay, replaced some bolts with fender bolts. Ready to roll.
3amapu8a.jpg
reresy5e.jpg
qysa9uhe.jpg
vyve5udy.jpg

arpicker said:
GEEZ the tires and wheels on that bike look beefy 8)
20"x 2.125

Latest posts

Back