20" Schwinn Cadillac?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw one at the flea market this weekend, guy wanted $70 bucks for it and it was in just ok shape. I didn't know enough about them to make the buy or even to know what to offer him for it. Any thoughts??

Depends on condition. If it's decent I'd say $70 is fair, I'd try for $50 though. nitpick it a little and drive the price down as far as he'll go.

Are they that popular? I really don't have a desire to build a 20" unless i can turn it for some cash for something i can ride :D

Depends on how you build it, If you're looking for a profit then $70 is fair market value and you probably won't make much, especially if you got to buy tires, tubes, paint, exc. Made perfect you could maybe pull $100 - $150 out of it on a good day, I don't know the market in your neck of the woods but here they aren't that much, about the same as the re-pop Stingrays, lil chicks, and brats lowrider bikes. So $100-$150 Minus $50-$70 for the bike, $30+ for tires and tubes, $20 for paint......not a bunch of money to be made.

Best case scenario, you talk him down to $50 invest $50 in paint, tires, and all that. Then sit on it till spring and sell for $150 and make a $50 profit. :roll:

E-bay they might go for more. or the parts might do well on there if it's all original.

Was it a boys or girls bike? Boys = cash. Girls not so much. Year? Old (skiptooth) =cash. Some of us (such as myself) want our kids riding old kool bikes too instead of the toys R us cheap bike.

a 20" cad would be old at least i think but who knows what wally world is up to these days. however if it were old and a boys frame i would hop on it personally

slick said:
Was it a boys or girls bike? Boys = cash. Girls not so much. Year? Old (skiptooth) =cash. Some of us (such as myself) want our kids riding old kool bikes too instead of the toys R us cheap bike.

It was a boys bike and the rust and patina on the chrome indicated it was not some repop. I didn't look at the sproket but i know it did not have the correct chain on it. I didn't see any markings on the wheels but they look to be in the same condition as the rest of it. I am with you on buying my kid a cheapo, won't happen. But i got a while to build her one, she is only 2.5 months old right now. :D

I am going to go back by there this weekend and take another look at it. If nothing else, i bet i could part it out on ebay and make a little. I got ideas for a project frame i have and need some parts :mrgreen:

If it is a boys bike you should and is complete with fenders etc..buy it and resell it on here. I have a 26" girls cadillac with all original paint and it is a rare bike. I havn't seen another like it yet.

I picked up this bike today from the flea market on IH35. It's for my 8yr old, he wants to paint it, change the handle bars; and put on a banana seat. The serial# is B69777 and is stamped on the bottom of the frame. In the schwinn listing in that section all the #'s start with E thru H for bikes 1948 -1951. The next section is bikes with the serial # on the left dropout and B69777 is in 1952. Am I reading this chart correct?

cadillac2.jpg

cadillac4.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's not actually a 20" bike, maybe 16" or 18". I can't find any information on one this size and I can't find out too much on the Cadillac brand. Is it a Schwinn? I read they were made by Shelby and than bought by Schwinn later. Anyone know anything about Cadillac? Who's the guy on the head badge?

2837061366_6560e145d2.jpg

Back