2003 ROCKY MOUNTAIN FLOW

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey...I have a Rocky Mountain Flow. I think mine is like an 07 or so. I built it for my son when he was like 12. Mine is the DJ (dirt jumper with a BMX'ish style frame). It's been sitting in my shed for a few years. It is pretty flat in Ohio too, so I built it as a 1X9.

rm1.jpg

Dan at Ichi Bike has become fairly experienced with building up electric powered bikes lately.

I think he has built several of them and has come up with some pretty cool creations.

I know it's expensive to do it correctly so it may never happen, but I'm supposed to call him up and see what he thinks it would take to do it right.

What is the appeal of electrifying this bike versus a cruiser? (should of electrified the Dummy)

I think just because it's so heavy duty that it would almost have a motorcycle effect. That and it seems like it would be fun.

A few things I figured out about the old Dummy...

1. Takes up too much garage space.
2. Realized I'd never haul anything with it except kids and I'm down to one non-rider at the moment.
3. It felt good to have someone hand me $1300 in cash.

Originally I had tried to talk my friend into trading his 2011 SE Racing 26" OM Flyer for the Scrambler, but it turns out that his son is going to take that bike to college in the fall.

He then offered this thing up and I just thought it was too cool looking to pass up.

I've ridden it around the neighborhood some since Sunday and while it's probably wasted on someone like me (non hardcore MTB guy), it's still fun to ride.

That should be a smooth ride, I'd just keep them on grass and dirt as much as possible to save them. Of course, if you're like me and ride a different bike each time you go out, tire wear should be the least of your worries.

Back