2006 Diamond Back Drifter Chopper + Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
PIcked this up today for FREE (sorta).
2006 Diamondback Drifter choppers were only made one year. It seems to be a little bit bigger than an OCC, but made SOOOOOOOO much better.
Nice aluminum frame, cool forks, better saddle, radial laced rims. If the rain let's up, I am going to take it for a ride and post more photos.

Hosed the cobwebs and dust off of this chopper, adjusted the bars forward, aired up the tires and took this baby for a ride.

Here is one of the "souvenirs" that you can easily pick up while riding in Savannah due to all of the horse drawn buggies.

Only 257 Days until St. Patrick's Day

Found these two catalog pages for it.
The ad copy is hilarious! I must say though. I did feel free not having to worry about being hassled by the man while I went on my ride today. :p

We want to be free!
If you want to be free, free to ride your machine without being hassled by the man; the Drifter is the ride for you.
It has enough style for your whole posse, but is also an extremely comfortable and functional machine, and is built with a level of quality and
attention to detail rarely seen on the open road.

Drifter SPECIALTY CRUISER
• Heat-Treated 6061 Aluminum Frame with 1 1/8” Headtube, Double Downtubes, Double-Diamond Gussets, “Tailpipe” Seatstays, 6mm Dropouts, Built-In QR Seat Post Binder
• Triple Clamp Fork with Machined Alloy Clamps, Tapered Chrome plated / Bullet Tip Steel Legs
• Double Wide 20” X 4” Rear / 24” x 2.1” Front Color-Matched Aluminum Rims with Chrome-Plated Hubs & Spokes, 20” X 4 1⁄4” Rear Tire
• Tapered / Chrome-plated Steel Mid-Rise Handlebar
• Heat-Treated Aluminum 3-Piece Crank Set
• Tektro Linear Brakes

Just sold the Royce Union basic hybrid that I bought with the Drifter for $25 more than I paid for both bikes. So the Drifter is $25 better than free. :D

Parted this one out and kept the forks. These are some of the better triple trees that I have seen.

Good move!(IMHO) Let the kiddies ride kiddies bikes!

Found one, turned it into a tricycle, got some ideas and getting a new axle machined for it soonish.
1798419_1385394541724366_1833122329_n.jpg

Yes, two different rear tires, hard to find Diamondback Drifter tires for this thing, and nope, didn't a have a chain guard when I got it.

That turned out sweet!

Hosed the cobwebs and dust off of this chopper, adjusted the bars forward, aired up the tires and took this baby for a ride.

Here is one of the "souvenirs" that you can easily pick up while riding in Savannah due to all of the horse drawn buggies.

Only 257 Days until St. Patrick's Day
Do you still have this one?

Back