2010 Ride Schedule: Connecticut

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLCTVWguy

Rollin' on 20's
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Greetings folks and hope all had a good Thanksgiving.

We have put together our first draft of the ride schedule for 2010. As before, most of the rides will be in and around New London, CT.

This year we are inviting anyone interested to join us for a ride on Block Island, Rhode Island. You all have plenty of notice, and I hope we can get together and plan something fun. This is the Sunday after the 4th of July.

blockbikesstatue.jpg

As always email me with questions or comments about the rides, and also let me know about other group rides around the area. Our group will try to get together with others around New England for rides and events throughout next year, and I'll put it all onto our Schedule page.

The schedule is here (the downloadable version will be online soon, not up yet).

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride2010.html

Take care, happy holidays, and see you all next year!

--Rob Bareiss, aka NLCTVWguy

Rob ,looks like a good schedule and I hope the weather is great for all of them.
I did Block Island on a moped and remember it being quite flat,right? That be kool.
Cya in Hartford ?

Wow! 2009 was a great year for cycling around the area. We got to see a lot of people and places, from Monson to Dudley.

Some of the New England Rat Rodders came out for every one of the rides I organized down this way, and we had a great time.

bikefestnl25.jpg

Check out the 2009 Ride Wrapup and I think you'll find a few familiar faces. 2010 should be even better! The downloadable schedule is now on line.

http://www.bareiss.net/bikeride.html

See you all next year!

--Rob

Block Island Info

Some folks have been asking me about our plans for the Block Island Ride.

We are expecting to arrive around noon on Sunday, July 12th. The ferries run about once an hour and take about an hour from Point Judith, RI. That's the car ferry, the "slow boat", my favorite way to go.

The New London service, while a high-speed cat type ferry, sadly no longer offers vehicle service. You can take your bicycle on it for an extra fee. I've copied the rates and times for the ferry service from Point Judith for your convenience. I know a lot of people have on their minds, when can I go? and What's it gonna cost?

Here are your answers. Add $10-20 if you are parking a car for the day in Point Judith- there are many easily accessible options for this.

-------
Ferry Schedule for mid summer. Our applicable dates highlighted:
blockisched10.gif

------
Ferry Rates for 2010. Applicable rates highlighted:
blockirates10.gif

Any questions about arrangements, please call or email [email protected]

--Rob

This will be my first year joining some of these rides, and am looking forward to it.
Are there any rides that would be considered kid friendly? My 6 year old daughter being the kid. Either on a trail-a-bike or on her own?

I took my niece and her best friend on a few of the rides, Everyone on these rides is usually pretty well behaved aside from some friendly racing and curb jumping, some of the rides take us on main roads so a trail a bike would be my recommendation. I'm planning on taking nicolette on a few this year as well.

Back