24" Higgins tanker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A family friend has a resale shop and while my wife was visiting she spotted this old Higgins and shot me a photo to see if I wanted it, so picked it up today. It's a 24" with a jet plane on chain guard and looks like a bridge behind it (golden gate?) Lots of patina and was original red. Wheels are toasted. This is the first 24 ballooner I have found in my area that iv gotten my hands on. That chain ring looks huge!!!

Yep, I would've snagged that beast too. 2 Cool.
Any ideas on direction you'll take this one?

The fat tank, stacked shot gun top bars and sprocket look like a Chain Bike Corp Thunder Jet I've seen. My Thunder Jet had other chainring and no guard when I got it.
I wonder if CBC, who later became Ross built any bikes for Sears? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yep, I would've snagged that beast too. 2 Cool.
Any ideas on direction you'll take this one?

The fat tank, stacked shot gun top bars and sprocket look like a Chain Bike Corp Thunder Jet I've seen. My Thunder Jet had other chainring and no guard when I got it.
I wonder if CBC, who later became Ross built any bikes for Sears? Inquiring minds want to know.

That's made by Chain bike corp, I have the same Ross chain ring I've been saving for years to use on something. With 52 teeth, the rear hub will have to have 22 teeth for me to be able to pedal it.

Are you sure it's a 24"? It looks 26"

Late for dinner.. horsefarmer.. going to try to keep the patina and coat it. wondering if I can get vinyl graphic's made off these ?.

Wildcat... Haven't had time to check it out close. The wheels are 24" But look small in the chain stays. going to see if 26's will fit.

Back