24 X 3.0 Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 X 3.0 tires ... looking 4 Opinions & favorites ... How they ride ... were eveyone keeps tire pressures at ... support & avaliablty of tire ... ect

Has anyone ridden the 24 X 3.0 3G slick tire yet ???

If a thick brick is to thick 4 your bike by a just barely .... the 3 G should do the trick , and you can walk up & buy them ... now try that sometime lol

Anyone ??

Not sure what you are talking about with the 3G.

I have a Thick Brick on the rear of an old Murray. I love it. I made it fit. I have two Fattio's on an Electra rockabilly boogie that ride really sweet. I put a little more than the sidewall says for pressure since I am large. have had no problems.

kendas here with no probs...keep 'em aired up tight, or the sidewalls get a little "checked"...

Has anyone even seen the 3 G 3.0 X 24 slicks yet ?? They are loke a Kojack slick but much FATTER.
They say inflate to 65 lbs on the side ... I fig about 70 lbs will do fine ... Havent had a chance to ride them yet ... figured a slick in the rain is a little dicey ... getting to old to break any more bones lol

Any way they are pretty cool looking & just slightly smaller / Narrower than my Thick bricks & ya can really pump them up to cut down on rolling resistance ... & they were easy to get ...& best of all they were cheeper
as far as I know they only come in all blsck & theh DO NOT have a lot of crap on the sidewalls ... Real Clean looking.

Should I have my kid post a photo ??? .. Kind of apain in the but .. but I will ask lol

Stephen

The 3G tires are smooth riding. I have them at about 50 lbs. The only thing I don't like about them is they're not as wide as the Kendas, Felt, Nirve or Dyno 24x3's. They're not so bad in the wet as you might think. Not great, but not too bad.

I have a Thick Brick on the back of my chopper (on a narrow rim, so it's ballooned). I rode it over 100 miles, and it's smooooth like butter. It's hard to tell when it's low on pressure, so I check it and keep it over 45 PSI. My frame was made for a 4" tire, so no fitment issues here.

got thick bricks on a 51 schwinn straightbar, theyre a hair shorter in height than a 26x2.125 was. the only trouble i had was the tire would rub the chainguard on a slightly untrue wheel. 40 psi feels good but due to the weather i havent rode it much at all yet :roll:

spinman it is funny you mention fattios as being fat. when i did the higgins that was the only tire i found that fit in the frame. a thick brick rubbed the frame where as the fattio gave me just enough space and that one is mounted on a felt rim which is wider than a std rim. and steve glad ya got those they are cool i want to see pics is this the one i am tossing lines on?

Ok i have 2 sets of the Nirve 24"Fata** and a set of the Fatti-Os and they ride nice but i just dont like the squre look so i bought the 3G tires and i have both the 24"x3.45" and 26"x2.125 and those ride nice to but for me its the round look that i like of the 3G but i painted a small white line to give it a classy look here are some pictures i hope i can help

here is 26" next to the 24"
DSC03009.jpg

2-1/4" tall
DSC03008.jpg

2-1/2" wide
DSC03007.jpg

slicks
DSC03005.jpg

and i have 26" streched on a 3" rim and it gives it a low profile look
DSC02999.jpg

i love my 3G tires

Lol "coming to a street near you" i just finshed the rear wheel with a 3speed and relaced with 72 spokes

DSC03011.jpg

Thanks 4 responding everyone . My 3 Gs are are pretty cool looking they remind me of being at the track & Nitromethane & sexy and .... don't ask me why .

Adam I'm putting them on my old rusty rodster ... replacing the thick bricks

I like the white stripe Ides .... you could do any color like a redline .. OH BOY lol ..... Hotwheels ... without all the Troy Lee BS .... Dose he pay folks for running tires with his name on it ???

Anyway least I digress, Thank everyone 4 the input . I think I'm gona warm rite up to my new 3G's gona put them on vintage wheels ... New Depature Delux Model D w/ Perfect Chrome skip tooth 28 spoke w / long polished brass nipples ... lol I like that word ... Nipples ....... WAHOOOOOOOOOO .. gona have some fun with my 3 G's

Wingman Out

N*H*F*F* said:
Ok i have 2 sets of the Nirve 24"Fata** and a set of the Fatti-Os and they ride nice but i just dont like the squre look so i bought the 3G tires and i have both the 24"x3.45" and 26"x2.125 and those ride nice to but for me its the round look that i like of the 3G but i painted a small white line to give it a classy look here are some pictures i hope i can help

2-1/2" wide
DSC03007.jpg

i love my 3G tires

Is this a pic of the 24 X 3.45 tires on a narrow rim?

Back