26.2 miles on vintage bikes..a few pics...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hardcore members of the Cyclone Coaster Vintage Bike Club took on the Long Beach Marathon Bike Tour for the 4the year in a row and then off to The Pike for breakfast...I took a few pics but was too busy trying to keep up to get many...good times...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/david-quic ... 070239983/

you guys are awesome for riding that kind of mileage on those tanks. way to go.

That is just awesome.
I'm going to have to try to remember this for next year.
What time did you guys start?

I have done lots of crazy mileage on high end bikes, but nothing yet on rat bikes or old cruisers. i need to.

I've done about 25 miles on my 1947 Murray rat. It's not a bad distance if you've got that bike running good. I dropped my chain twice which really sucks on a slight down grade with only a coasterbrake. :mrgreen:

Hammond Eggz said:
That is just awesome.
I'm going to have to try to remember this for next year.
What time did you guys start?
The Bike Tour starts at 6AM. We run a reasonable pace, race with the lycra-weenies when we can and get through in about 2-1/2 hours...although last year John ODd on Mt Dew and did it in about 2hrs...we never saw him...otherwise, it is a fun ride around greater Long Beach with a grip load or bike riders...

Looks like a blast! I did 8 miles round trip to work yesterday and it kicked my butt! I'm so out of shape, lol. I do have a good rider now and I hope to get up to what you guys were able to do. Very nice bikes btw!

That is AWESOME! Nice bikes too. I have a 49 schwinn B-6 as well with all original paint that would fit right in with you guys! Maybe next year? I love the looking down while riding shot.

Back