27"frame 26"wheels

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is one I made :)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2085&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=wright
P9270020.jpg

3293021444_31160784ae_b.jpg

26x1 3/8

blink said:

I may be stating the obvious here, but just so we are clear, this is a very different size to the 26" x X.X" mountain bike size. This was a popular size for UK/Euro commuter bikes and is now common on cycle speedway bikes and wheelchairs. I found all this out by recently rebuilding a bike for my ex .

lurker said:
I may be stating the obvious here, but just so we are clear, this is a very different size to the 26" x X.X" mountain bike size. This was a popular size for UK/Euro commuter bikes and is now common on cycle speedway bikes and wheelchairs. I found all this out by recently rebuilding a bike for my ex .

I believe you are correct. the rim is probably a slightly larger diameter, but the overall diameter of the tire should be 26"

The tires on that Raleigh look nice and Beefy for a 1 3/8 width. Looks Good!

lurker said:
blink said:

I didn't know you could still get 1 3/8 tires. Rode plenty when they were common.

deorman said:
lurker said:
blink said:

I didn't know you could still get 1 3/8 tires. Rode plenty when they were common.

there are two different sizes of 26 x 1 3/8"
- normal, which came on almost all 3 speed and lightweights in the 60s - 80s - still common....even schwalbe sells the cream colored delta cruisers in this size.
- schwinn S6 which have a slightly larger diameter and are pretty hard to find nowadays.

Well, they are hard to find here in Australia. I tried multiple bike shops and had to explain that I wasn't talking MTB tyres but the old kind. And I forgot to mention the even stranger Schwinn size, I knew of it, but since Schwinn didn't really sell here, I tend to skip over Schwinn specific stuff....my bad.

lurker said:
Well, they are hard to find here in Australia. I tried multiple bike shops and had to explain that I wasn't talking MTB tyres but the old kind. And I forgot to mention the even stranger Schwinn size, I knew of it, but since Schwinn didn't really sell here, I tend to skip over Schwinn specific stuff....my bad.
Schwinn fractional (i. e.not decimal) tires are a pain in the neck everywhere, have been for decades.

Back