28 inch wheel sets.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question about vintage 28" wheelsets. Please excuse my ignorance as I haven't had much experience in this area. I would like to know how people are getting thier vintage 28" frames rolling. I like the ballon tire look. I like the taller frames. Looking around at different cycling sites all I seem to get is more confused. 700c, 29", 27" what the heck? I really want to get started in this area but can't seem to get this right in my head. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Jim...

700c and 29er are same rim just different tires,and should fit an old school 28" frame . 27" and the EA3 (26tx13/8 ) would work as well. but may be harder to find new,...

For my Racycle, which is a 28" frame, I used 700c wheels, with a 40 tire.
It comes to about 27 1/2 inches in total diameter, which is pretty close. Plus, unlike true 28's, I'll actually be able to find parts and tires/tubes for the 700c.

Thanks Devon. That is what I was looking for. Man, I am learning a lot real fast on this forum. Great place! :D

Back