28" Springer fork and 24" front fender

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, mates,

i never thought i'd consider frnders on my bike, but sinse i live in a city with only 68 sunny days a year (the rest of the days there is a rain here, and also a snow for 4 months), i had to install fenders, otherwise, i have to do laundry 5 days a week ^)

so. my problem is that i have 28" springer installed on my stretch cruiser but the wheels are 24" so there is a plenty of space between steering tube and fender itself. I've seen a lot of Krate pics and actually know that it is possible, but how ... i've no idea.

does anyone know?

Here's a pic of my bike, in order to keep the thread a bit less boring.

246966_544643728904832_1298112471_n.jpg

Cheers form not so snowy Russia!

Most springer steer tubes have a hole at the bottom. You can make an L bracket from that hole down to the 24" fender. Then a 24" fender brace at the back of fender should bolt right to the axles.

Thanks for reply, mate.

I've tried making an L bracket from headlight mounting bracket, but there is about 3" gap between steering tube bottom and tire, so it looks totally unaesthetic.
I believe there should be other way to mount the fender, come clamps attached to a fork tubes for example. dunno

You could rig something up with p-clips, and attach a U-bracket to those, to which you could affix the fender. It'd look pretty convoluted, though..

I know its a bit late but have you thought of a downtube mudguard ? like they put on mountain bikes

Back