3 bar old roadbike??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys I picked this up last night and am curious if anyone knows what the heck it is.No serial number or logos,euro bottom bracket thats not been threaded,chainstay tubes and seatmast pierce the bottom bracket shell,the seatmast curves slightly like a''s',headtube has been relieved internally,chromoly frame with crazy clean welds and never been built.Any clues??

3bar00850.jpg

3bar00950.jpg
3bar01050.jpg
3bar01250.jpg
3bar01350.jpg

Why do you say roadbike? How can you tell it is Chromoly?

The looptail makes me think BMX. That seat tube looks tweeked down near the bottom. Cool Frame.

I posted it on a couple bmx websites and got a couple roadbike suggestions.Ive got nothin on this as far as even a guess at a brand.The weight is what tells me chromoly.Hi tensile or mild steel are quite a bit heavier.

The Geometry does look roadish..... It would be great to see it mocked up with wheels and fork. If it is a road bike then it may fit 27/700c wheels.

Geometry is road bike but there is no place for a derailer and way to much clearance for skinny road bike tires.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

FINALLY!!!!!!Man this one was making me crazy.I knew it had to be somethin with the weight,dropouts and incredible welds.ROUTE66 sent me a link to this and there it is.A stainless Cook Bros. limited run frame!!
Oh and I did throw a magnet on it and its not magnetic.Then I tried annother magnet just to be sure!hahahaha

cook019_zps38c77e7c.jpg

Back