3 bikes from Government auction

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well a few weeks back I won a auction from http://www.govliquidation.com/ for 3 bikes. It had 2 crappy pictures and I really didn't know what I was getting into. Anyway I made my final bid of $85 minutes before the auction end and I won. After taxes, auction fees and all that good stuff I wound up getting these bikes for just under $102. $34 bucks a bike aint bad right? Well today I went and picked them up and here they are! I would love some info on these bikes since I really don't know what they are. The black one has a sticker saying it's a Mohawk, the other two have had the badges removed and a PSNS tag welded in place.

Here we go!

Bike 1

Bike 2

Bike 3, and my favorite so far

Any help would be greatly appreciated. These bikes seem to be pretty beat up and mismatched to get them rolling along the years. They have been sitting for sometime, I just gave them each a bath and am ready to begin a build.
Thanks in advance.

PSNS is Puget Sound Naval Shipyard so I'd guess you're looking at Worksman or other industrial bikes. The shipyards usually have tons of bikes for people to get around on and to carry small parts since they're so big. Pretty good score.

RatSphinx said:
The last one appears to be a Schwinn Straightbar.
Thanks! Any idea of year? I will work on scraping off paint for the serial number.

kim_dude said:
PSNS is Puget Sound Naval Shipyard so I'd guess you're looking at Worksman or other industrial bikes. The shipyards usually have tons of bikes for people to get around on and to carry small parts since they're so big. Pretty good score.
Thanks

It would be '46 to '53 . Can't tell anymore without serial number?
http://schwinncruisers.com/serial-number.html

RainierBeer said:
RatSphinx said:
Thanks! Any idea of year? I will work on scraping off paint for the serial number.

kim_dude said:
Thanks

LukeTheJoker said:
That last one with the box on the back is AWESOME! :shock: Cool ride just as it is, and easily worth more than your total outlay in my opinion! Well done!

Luke.
Thanks man. I think im going to take it apart, clean it, and put it back together, box and all (beer holder) and ride it.

RatSphinx said:
It would be '46 to '53 . Can't tell anymore without serial number?
<a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://schwinncruisers.com/serial-number.html"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>schwinncruisers</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>serial</span><span>-</span><span>number</span><span>.</span><span>html</span></a>

RainierBeer said:
RatSphinx said:

kim_dude said:
Thanks

Number is: g375423
Looks like its a 1950. Thanks for the info.

Bike 2 looks like a prewar Schwinn DX model... another solid score. :)

The second one is either a '40 or '41 DX. It has the original B1 seat. With that big reflector housing for the glass reflector with Schwinn script on it, I'd say the rear fender came off of a different B model bike. B models were the more deluxe bikes. That baby had probably been at the shipyard since WW2. Can you say USED! Gary

LukeTheJoker said:
That last one with the box on the back is AWESOME! :shock: Cool ride just as it is, and easily worth more than your total outlay in my opinion! Well done!

Luke.

Agree Totally, love it. Looks late 40's Schwinn, the sprocket I would question, slap on some early pedals, and git her on the road.

The sprocket def. is not Schwinn. Probably added to replace worn out OEM.

oldfart36 said:
LukeTheJoker said:

Luke.

Agree Totally, love it. Looks late 40's Schwinn, the sprocket I would question, slap on some early pedals, and git her on the road.

Thanks again for all of the replies. Does anyone know anything about the firs bike, he Mohawk? I am starting to tear it down, think I will be cleaning it up and trying to make a buck or two for parts for the other 2 builds.

Back