3 new bicycles from occ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
Watched that episode where Paul Jr. sat down with the bike manufacturer and basically picked out ready available parts from their line to piece together bikes for PJD. Obviously some parts had to be custom designed, but there really wasn't much original design going on.

I guess I may be ignorant to what it takes to get a bicycle mass produced, but it seems really ironic that a company that boasts innovative design would settle for such cheapo uncreative products. Like others have said, I think he's trying to capitalize on the shows popularity now before it goes off the air in a couple of weeks for good.

I know everyone here is thinking about what they could do with that anti-venom bike to make it actually look cool. :lol:

As hard as it is to admit, I think I prefer the design of the O.C.C. chopper bikes that inundate us on the CL over any of these bikes.

Seriously. They just sat down and were like "Okay, let's try this frame, with these bars, and this color scheme... there, good enough!"

I can't stand OCC or PJD :?

I'm sorry these are horrible. If a better frame design was done they would be ok. Who here thinks the gas monkey guys should do one. U know it would be an old skool straight bar frame at least

karfer67 said:
I'm sorry these are horrible. If a better frame design was done they would be ok. Who here thinks the gas monkey guys should do one. U know it would be an old skool straight bar frame at least

Yeah, that would be awesome! 8)

outskirtscustoms said:
If I saw one at a yard sale I'd grab them for parts.
1. Anti venom: Cool wheels, and a 3 piece crank. Other than that it looks like a cheap Next bike. $20 max

2. Build Off: Awesome wheels, cool seat, grips, springer looks a little weird but useable, decent crank, cool bars for a mountain bike, frame has messed up lines and no flow to it. $75 max

3. Black Widow: As a whole isn't that bad although I would go with fatter tires, loose the clamps and weld on a few tabs for the tank, move the crank forward, and loose the reflectors and chain guard. $75 max

you are hard on pricing man , these days , we can't even get a standard new supercycle under 300$
i think the bikes are not bad at all , kids will love them , i think we just expect more coming from a world known motorcycle "Designer"
some of us think of bicycle as a serious thing , but for them , its defenitivly just a marketing toy , and i think it works

That's just my quote of what I'd pay based on what parts I see and could use. 75-90% of those bikes would be scrap metal to me. Rims, tires, tubes, cranks, and such I'd use but the rest is just junk.

OneHorsePower said:
i see , for my part i would pay 75 for just the wheel set from the grey bike , i think they look great
On that one the rims, seat, and grips are all that's really good, the springer looks funny with the pivot that low, the frame has no flow, and they are still low quality parts. Probably cheap hub internals too.

Back