3 piece crank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im wanting to put on 3 piece onto my bruiser....have no clue what size bottom bracket my bike has, all i know its a bruiser and i got it from beachbikes.com...and im wanting to change it up a bit. im an old bmx'er, a profile crank in my time fit any bike i ever thought of owning. time for slow and low. thanks all. :shock:

There are 2 common methods for changing over 1-piece to 3-piece, both require some measuring and arithmatic. First is to buy an adapter kit that has a crank designed to work w/1-piece press fit bearings. Some guys her can tell you where to buy, or even sell you one. The other old school way is to weld the crank hanger from an old 10 or 21 speed bike inside the 1-piece hanger. If you haven't done an intro posting you should, otherwise you may get ignored. :|

The third way is get a new or used bmx 3-piece like the Profile you mentioned, you can find the sealed Amercian bearing/cup sets for the 19mm or 22mm bmx spindles online. In fact you can sometimes find Euro, Spanish, or American BB sets for the same crank and spindle.

Latest posts

Back