3-piece cranks on old goodyear highway patrol:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm on a budget and want to build this bike up to ride since being saved from life under bushes, trash and a ton of other junk. The crank seems to be fairly free of grime and all but the sprocket is a skip tooth and it doe snot have the original wheels. So I opted a newer wheel and plan to use a new chain so wanted to know if a bmx 3-piece crank will work on this bike.

The bmx bike has the older American bottom bracket and such. If it wont work w/out buying some sort of adapter what about a newer 1-piece off line or from a donor bike? will it work? Thanks for any help I've done some searching but not a straight answer.

Not sure if I am confusing anyone. But what I'm asking is can I remove my 3-piece crank set on my 20" bmx bike and use it on my 1950's era goodyear highyway patrol bike w/out modifications?

They arent that hard to pull and see........and that will truely give you you the answer. I know that you would like something more definitive, but about the best I can say without you doing it is 'maybe'.

I plan to pull both cranks off the bikes and see. I'm hoping it is all legit because the crank is pretty much all that stops me from having a working roller again minus tires.

Thanks for any and all input guys hope to share photo's soon.

The bmx crank and all will NOT work in the goodyear bike. the cups that press into the bottom bracket on my bmx bike are slightly larger than that of the goodyear. I'm not too sure what this means other than I'm out of luck until I find out what to do.

Latest posts

Back