3 Wheel Custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my friend, after the rat burrito that i've done last year, this time i've choose to make a "trike" if you can call it like that. Here's some photo:

20150308_182351.jpg

20150311_085750.jpg

This thing comes from a bike that I found in the garbage. I welded a tubular to add two wheels in front. The front wheels have drum brakes operated by a lever under the steering wheel, the back has a coaster brake. The steering as mentioned is actuated by a steering wheel taht come from an old mower. All the material comes from the dump. The only "new" things are the front lights that I have to assemble and the brake wire. In all she will have 3 front lights (2 new and one resulting from an old scooter) and 1 back light that come from a box of peanuts inside which I mounted 4 red LEDs. Soon I will post more photos as soon as I'll be able to mount lights and brake cables.
The wheel cover come from plastic sheet that i've painted.

Great trike...reminds me of the Atomic Zombie "Hammerhead" trike design:

http://www.atomiczombie.com/Tutorial - HammerHead Trike - Page 1.aspx

So, has the slightly longer wheelbase and smaller tubing on your donor frame resulted in any noticeable frame flex? Also, are you thinking of using the extra room on the frame for cargo? Can't wait to see the lights BTW...

sorry for the delay, but work slowed me down a lot. I rode the bike up to work ....... and it is absurd to drive. while I drive, I always try to keep the balance even if not needed because the bike has three wheels. All lights are LED. The two side I bought them, the big front comes from an old scooter. The backlight is a jar of pistachios repainted with 4 LED lights red. @order99 it doesn't wobble to much and for the cargo, i'm planning on building a trailer. Here are some more photos.

1962612_816781361691032_517090685190809972_n.jpg

20150311_143432.jpg

20150311_143440.jpg

Back