30s Elgin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, I atleast now, normally run from girls bikes but this one blew me away. Knoxville CL find. I called and it was listed a month ago. Still there. No pics on CL. He said tons of calls on it but once they heard girls they werent interested. He sent me pics and I knew something was worth looking at in person. When i got there he said again that call after call and nobody wanted it. I asked? Did any one ask for a picture? He said no!!! Exactly!! Had it been seen I'm sure it would be gone. The month of no interest also helped me get a great price but I was more than fair. I love the curved seat post, and the head set shroud, and the rear dropouts, and the air cooled front and rear hubs, and the skirt guards, and the peaked fenders, and did I mention the original paint. His grandmother rode it to school in the early 40s and his aunt kept it in a garage ever since. Looks like someone tried to ride it in recent years by throwing on some late model tires. To be a girls bike, I'm super pumped to add to my collection. Some clean up will do wonders too.

aefcbf10-38c1-61c3.jpg

aefcbf10-38d5-e9f0.jpg

aefcbf10-38f2-2e5f.jpg

aefcbf10-3909-4fdb.jpg

aefcbf10-391e-40f6.jpg

aefcbf10-3935-98b9.jpg

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ofcnhe

I may have a correct set of bars/stem as well as crank/sprocket laying around if you're interested. Cool find. The head shroud really makes that bike stand out from all of the other millions of girls Elgin bikes floating around.

Latest posts

Back