30's ? Ranger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't believe it...One of the guys at work sold me this old ranger with the coolest fender ornament for $20.00
I need help dating it though...All the Rangers I find online don't have this greyhound on the front...check out the leaf spring seat too...

DSC05300.jpg

DSC05302.jpg

DSC05304.jpg

DSC05305.jpg

Your bike looks to me like it's a 1937 SA-207 Auto-Cycle built by Schwinn. The chainguard, however, is a Schwinn guard but I don't think it came with your bike. See how the chainguard doesn't fit right toward the front? This bike was a super deluxe bike when it was new. It was either black, dark red, or blue with creme trim. It had a hanging tank, dual headlights, and the Schwinn "bomb" fender ornament where the dog is now. It also had a cross brace on the bars with a built in speedometer. The seat on your bike is probably worth 10X what you paid for the whole bike! I also saw a prewar rear rack like you have on your bike sell for $175 on ebay several months ago.
Super good find...you are a lucky dog! Gary

Awesome bike, I agree with the chainguard thing. My bike also has one and it's a pain and dosn't fit right. it looks the same. I belive it is a wald.

Merry Grinchmas indeed..........

these are the Rangers I found online...The still has Ranger painted on the down tube....( sorry forgot to take a picture of it before putting it in stroage)
1930sRanger1.jpg

AAMeadRanger.jpg

refurbishedRangerandRollfast.jpg

But none have the greyhound...

And yes that is an old light hanging there...it had an old horn inside too...too bad it is all cancered out...

The greyhound is an aftermarket accesory that someone probably used to replace the original fender bomb

...One of the guys at work sold me this old ranger with the coolest fender ornament for $20.00
See if he has any $30 Elgin Robins or Shelby Airflo's!! :lol: As a side note, I believe all Rangers from that era were that funky brown color. ~Adam

Yah...Sorry Sensor I forgot to reply to you earlier....that seat and the greyhound where the first things to caught my eye...I had never seen a seat like that...
It was so hard to hold back my enthusiasm when I offered him $20.00....The guy just wanted to give it a good home...
I wish it had a tank....I still don't have a bike with a tank!.......AHHHHH

Back