$35 Craigslist Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Found this on CL last nite while everyone else was watching the Super Bowl. Had it not been for the game, it would have been long gone by the time I saw it.

I'm not a huge fan of these, but they do have some cool parts on them. I originally had plans to cannibalize this for the parts, but when I picked it up, it had hardly ever been ridden & was in brand new shape except for a scratch on the rear fender & a small dent on the tank. I may just have to hang onto it, let my grandson ride it, then tear it apart when he is done with it. Still has the nubs on the tires & coated with dust from sitting in their garage. Even the decals are in excellent shape! A little elbow grease & wax & it will look like brand new.
wcc001.jpg

wcc002.jpg

SCORE! :mrgreen: Those are cool bikes, wish I never sold mine! :x You got a great deal...I sold mine for $100 about 3yrs ago :wink:

I'm thinking about keeping this one just like I found it. It really is in excellent shape & I think it's kind of growing on me! I might look kind of stupid riding it though, I'm 6' tall! I did sit on it though, not real fond of the way the front of the seat is higher than the back (ouch!). :mrgreen: Kind of a cool lookin bike IMO! 8)

eparsons said:
Whats funny is we have a store called Big Lots here and i can remember them selling those for $50.
That's when I bought one for my oldest son. Chrime frame w/ a black tank. That one got stolen the next summer..... :x

eparsons said:
Whats funny is we have a store called Big Lots here and i can remember them selling those for $50.

About 5 years ago my son worked @ Big Lots & they had a murray porkchopper that the seatpost had fallen down inside & they couldn't get it out, so they sold it to me for $15. Took me about 10 mins. to get it out! Still have that bike (brand new) but it is gonna be used for parts only on my nxt build for the grandson.

I bought one for $2 at the garage sale next door. It was in pieces but all there. I'm 6'2" and it fit me o.k. - little small. But it was tons of fun and my son still has it in his garage. It rode very smooth. Great score on that bike. Gary

Thats cool ! didnt know they were worth that much; i have mine on clist for 15 , now i can raise it to 35 ! :mrgreen:

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Thats cool ! didnt know they were worth that much; i have mine on clist for 15 , now i can raise it to 35 ! :mrgreen:
I'm seeing them on CL around here for $200 or more as nice as the one in this thread.

have one also, also have a Schwinn trike rearend, been thinking of marrying the two of them together, cool find for the price

Latest posts

Back