38 Monarch (Retro)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my son asked me to try and put the seat a little further back. So I got a BMX seat post, for a dollar, did some cutting on both ends, then took a seat post that fit the frame, with a tapered end. Inserted the tapered end into the BMX post, (tig weld). I know it's probably to "high" for most of you guys, as far as looks go. But we are both 6ft tall, (okay, he might be a LITTLE taller). I got a lot of opinions on the "hairpin" seat, mostly bad. But I wanna tell ya, this is the most COMFORTABLE seat I've tried to date, these seats are unbelievable! At first I didn't like the "look", but now, it's STAYING :lol: . I want the bike back! :mrgreen:

003-3.jpg

002-5.jpg

OUTLAW said:
that is one sweet ride. what are the colors?

Outlaw :mrgreen:
Good old "Krylon", brown and tan, then clearcoated. I've never used Krylon before, goes on smooth, and shines nice. I sprayed that outside in 28 degrees. Brought "warm" frame and paint outside, hung it, sprayed it, then brought it back inside, til the next coat :lol: , because of the two different colors, I was able to handle the frame without touching wet paint.

that bike turned out beautiful with that color combination. really great colors. I liked the original paint look you had originally going on
but now all finished up...very nice! the look is great, very classy, smart looking ride.

Gold Street Customs said:
I love that your keeping the history alive ,that is such a lost tradition anymore,sooooo what are ya gonna do with the speedometer, let me know if it needs a home. :wink:
Never mind I missed the previous post. :oops: :oops:

My first post on this amazing site is for YOUR bike! That is sooooo sweet! Exactly what I like to do....create "low and slow" cruisers for "big" kids. I watched the debate regarding the parts to use....the seat absolutely makes it unique, especially now that you moved it back. Solid work! (oh....I will get to making an intro tonight....I know that posting without one is the subject of much heckling :mrgreen: :!: )

bombshelterbikes said:
My first post on this amazing site is for YOUR bike! That is sooooo sweet! Exactly what I like to do....create "low and slow" cruisers for "big" kids. I watched the debate regarding the parts to use....the seat absolutely makes it unique, especially now that you moved it back. Solid work! (oh....I will get to making an intro tonight....I know that posting without one is the subject of much heckling :mrgreen: :!: )

Ya know I've been so busy with work and the kids build off bike, that I never realized all the "positive " attention I recieved from this bike. So, THANKS everyone!...............Bombshelterbikes, I saw you're intro, you can make one of these a WEEK for the rest of your life....your grandkids lives.......great grandkids lives........(ok I'll stop) :lol:

Back