3G BIKES....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surfing.....found these on 3G's site.....what an awesome front fork......and sweet fender design on the red one. Anyone have one of these? I see the sell the fork on their site for about $350.....

primitive_3spd_popup_1.jpg

stylin_popup_3.jpg

That fork....geez.....wow...

thatismytruck said:
They sell a 26" Slick Tire!!!!!!
I have the Slicky G on my Hornet. you can really lay the bike over for turning.

I have some Partytime forks also that I picked up at the LBS. But becareful ordering, Tikikarl had some difficulties receiving the product he paid for.

3g bikes. im gonna have to look into them more cuz those bikes are absolutly sick. that red full fendered finagled one especially caught my eye. trick and sick. (and in that order too)

The bikes look nice, but as an engineer (granted, not a mechanical engineer) the front fork on the first bike looks like an overstylized version of the classic Schwinn front springer and may not provide $350 worth of bump-absorbing value.

On the second bike the full fenders would be dented and discarded in regular use during the course of the first year for the average user. Of course as an engineer I would prefer to test it before rendering final judgment, absolutely free of charge of course. They know where to find me...........and they can send over the two models on their gallery page too :wink:

that fork looks too massive for what it actully does - the schwinn design is fundamentally wrong (the wheel travels back and forth rather than up and down) - and this doesn't look like a real improvement. the bike would look good with another fork though.

i think the fenders on that second bike look really really ugly and - as godhatescleveland pointed out - hugely impractical.

Back